1 email recieved

AN— things are about to get gooood trust me hehe

You began working that day, yes it was all a bit sudden but Mr Nanami helped show you the ropes of everything in your office. Your office was right next to Nanami's, being the only other private office on that floor. To help you picture it, you would walk into Nanami's office and to the left, by his desk, was another door leading to your office.

It was obviously smaller then Nanami's by a mile, but it had a decently sized desk, an office chair by the back wall and a small sofa in the corner. It was just right considering it also had a large view of New York. Every night as darkness fell over the golden skyline, that you sat prettily above, a whole spectrum of lights shone through your office window, which was practically a whole wall to the side of your desk. There was nothing you could complain about at all, amazing pay, easy work and a view of New York below you? What more could you ask for.

You headed home after your first day at the office, all you really spent your time doing was reading a few emails, replying on behalf or your boss and getting me Nanami the odd coffe or two. You did find it slightly weird that you either had to delete every email you received or had to run all of them past Nanami but you didn't really mine. Blurs of incandescent lights flurried together as you wizzed past sky scrapers and penthouses in your yellow cab. Subconsciously, your lips curled into a smile, realising in a couple of months you would have enough money to buy a much more 'descent' apartment then what you currently had.

"Oh, just here please." A direction flew from your curved lips before you even had a chance to flick your thoughts back into reality. The taxi driver nodded, as you saw in the faint reflection of his rear view mirror, his blacked out sunglasses glistening in the aching gaze from a nearby street light. "Are you...sure?" He questioned hesitantly, pushing the rim of his sunglasses down and peering through the already open window of his car.

You chuckled to your self, realising he had just picked you up from the wealthiest most well known area of new York and was currently dropping you off at some run down almost desolate apartment building. "Yeah I'm sure." You smiled, handing him $8 for the short trip he had just aided you with.

Your cheap heals hit the worn down tarmac before you winched your self upright with the help of the cab's leather seats, the familiar smell of cigarettes and cannabis seeped into your nostrils as you walked closer to the entrance of the apartment building, seeing the odd homeless person scavenging for whatever they could find in a rubbish bin on the parallel side of the pavement to yours.

You didn't sigh like you normally did, but instead smiled with irony realising soon you will never have to be harassed by crack heads or give your spare change to your struggling neighbours again, as much as you sympathised for them.

Reaching your front door on the third floor, you heard a distant whining from behind the thin wooden frame standing before you. Twisting your key in the rusted lock (with a forceful push of course) your ears were bombarded with the tippy taps on the cold wooden floor coming from your dog's tiny feet.

"Pretzel!" You gushed, reaching down and picking up the short, elongated sausage dog bounding around your feet. The chocolate coloured bundle of joy licked your face before you laughed, carrying him to your worn out couch that sat before a ridiculously small tv. After cuddling him for a few minutes, you realised he went all day without any food so of course grabbed his food bowl ready to make sure he didn't go too hungry.

"You hungry boy?" You asked, receiving a few eager whines in response before placing his food bowl in his little corner he loved, right by his dog bed. "I'm hungry too, actually." You spoke to yourself, well to pretzel but he didn't care right now, scoffing his food down as quick as possible. Walking into the kitchen, you opened your fridge, immediately groaning when you realised it was practically empty except from some eggs and milk.