Smelled

So if you haven't gathered by now, I read a lot of werewolf stories. One of the main things that's been pissing me off about them lately is the word smelled.

In most books the sentence would go like this:

'I smelled him/her before I saw him/her.'

What

Is

Wrong

With

You?!

Now I'd like to point out that throughout the story, up until that point, the authors have consistently been writing in present tense. Why are you suddenly writing in a different tense are you fucking high?! STICK TO ONE TENSE! Or perhaps you're going to tell me that the character had a flash back half-way through the sentence! THIS LACK OF CONSIDERATION IS NOT OK! WE'RE ONLY HUMAN; THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH BAD GRAMMAR AND SPELLING WE CAN TAKE BEFORE WE DIE!!

I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!

So please for the love of God the CORRECT sentence is:

'I SMELT him/her before I saw him/her.'

Is it too much to ask that when writing a story you make sure you can read and write in english fluently?! And noo; 'English isn't my first language' is not an excuse! Just don't bother writing the story in english. The English language isn't that great!!

More importantly it has come to my attention that the quality of werewolf stories has declined. For example there is a story floating around that is so poorly written it should be ILLEGAL. For those of you who want to experience the stupidity of the story; the book is called 'The Survivor (UNDER HEAVY REVISIONING)'

I'm sure if I'm not the only one to spot this but, I haven't even gotten past the title and there are already mistakes! I'm sorry to have to tell you this but.......... REVISIONING IS NOT A WORD! What the fuck does ''under heavy 'revisioning''' even mean?!

It's times like these that I want to go on a killing spree......