Winning Royalty

Winning Royalty by MattiFlower

Summary: Anna, a seventeen year old girl, is taken from her home and forced to compete against hundreds of other young ladies. The prize?  Prince Gaspard's hand and the opportunity to become Queen. Anna is not entirely normal, though--her beauty is not the only intriguing thing about her. Soon she finds that she is not only competing with the other girls, but is fighting to find out who she is. Watch Anna as she fights for her life, her future, and for--eventually--her love.

This story deserves a 9.8 out of 10. It was one of the Watty Awards finalists, and once the reader begins reading they understand why it got that far. When reading you might think its plot is similar to the novel The Selection by Kiera Cass, but trust me there are many differences. Not only are things such as character names and details different, but also as I looked back over the plot I realized there are more differences than I had originally thought. The characters seem to fly off the pages, and not one of them has traits that seem cliché. In fact each character is written so well I can remember every single one of their names, and the names are unique and simple. They don’t leave me wondering about pronunciation. This story flows very well, and details are everywhere they need to be. There are no choppy sentences, or places I wish something had been added. Also, there are no unnecessary word repeats or obnoxious grammar mistakes. It’s clear the author has gone through an editing process. This story is perfect for any reader. It fits under the romance, action, adventure and fantasy genres. The summary is perfect. It tells enough about the story while not giving anything away. I wish the cover fit the cast a little better. While it looks perfect and professional it does not resemble the singer the author has portrayed as the main character.