persuasion- lambert

~.~.~

Lambert stumbled into Kaer Morhen, wiping tiredly at his brow as he searched the room, half expecting you to tumble him to the ground in worry for his new injuries, much surprised to find the room completely vacant of your presence. He threw his weapons to the ground, ignoring the grunt of disapproval that Geralt gave him before stalking down to his bedroom, hoping to find you there instead.

You knew, of course, that he'd do exactly that, just as you knew he's refuse you the opportunity to take care of him upon his return. Lambert, like most of the other witchers, was a stubborn mule at times, allowing his pride to deny him your soft affection but you were just as, if not more, stubborn. You'd drawn up a warm bath, filling the water with scents and potions you got from Triss, all of which would aid him in recovering from the hunt he'd gotten back from.

Your clothes scattered the bedroom floor, bubbles created by the potions littering the water and hiding your body from view as you heard your witcher's determined steps easing at the slightly ajar door. Red curls peaked through the gap first before his curious eyes met yours, lips almost instantly tilting into an amused smirk when he saw how you were waiting for him.

"Well," he breathed as he leaned against the doorframe, shamelessly trying to take in every bit of the lovely view you'd created for him. "Had I known this was what I would find upon my return, I would have killed that last monster much faster," he noted, point only being grounded as you giggled lightly, the water shifting around you as you sat up slightly, moving the bubbles to accommodate your new position without exposing too much of you skin.

"You are more than welcome to join me, love," you mused as you reached for him, silently insisting that he come towards you, a demand he'd happily meet as he closed the door behind him.

"You think there is room enough for the pair of us?" he pushed as he kneeled at the side of the wooden tub, lips gentle as they kissed the inside of your wrist. You hoped your ruse would hold up, though the way concern dipped at your brow upon further inspection of his face, proved to threaten the entire construct of your plan.

"I am sure we would find a way to make room," you suggested, releasing his hand to gently drag your thumb over his lips, fingers trailing through the features of his face before reaching the tangled curls behind his ear.

"And I am sure you would be far more convincing if your face had not given away your intentions from the moment I walked into the room," he informed you and you lifted a brow at him. "I may be a fool for you, lass, but a fool for your ploy, that I am not."

"I never thought you a fool, Lambert," you pouted, caught red-handed as you looked down at the water. "I merely thought you easier persuaded with something to gain in the end."

"And what would I be gaining from this little encounter?"

"Why being close to me, of course," you gasped, and he laughed lightly at your reaction before standing up from your side. "You may fight it, dear witcher, but you know you enjoy me taking care of you, and why not allow me to do so while I rest in your arms within the constraints of the water."

"A bargain that any man of sound mind would be ridiculed for refusing," he teased, and you thought he would be leaving but instead found him taking off his shirt, throwing it across the room as he winked at your wondering gaze.

"You are staying" you breathed with a careful smile, happy that your plan worked and that you'd get a chance to make sure he's not been hurt too badly on his escapades.

"You are a master of persuasion, lass," he explained, hands on either side of you as he leaned over the tub to kiss you, lips moving ever so slowly as you welcomed him home. "Persuasion thrives off weakness," he mumbled against your lips, making sure that your eyes met his as he smiled. "You know that mine is you and you alone."

~.~.~