SWBCGAWAS c76

Chapter 76 - Katamimi's Thought Restrictions

"Your Excellency, isn't it quite risky?"

"If you lift the thought restrictions, the things that bind the homunculus soldiers to us will disappear."

"Please think about this once more; this is your last chance to change your mind."

The researchers talk to the general with anxious expressions.

But he answered strongly.

"No matter what happens, I will take full responsibility. Please lift Katamimi's thought restrictions. "

In response to the general's answer, the researchers began working to lift Katamimi's thought restrictions.

Around them, the latest armed homunculus soldiers on standby, deployed as laboratory guards in case Katamimi goes out of control.

The researchers couldn't even predict what the fully sentient homunculus might do, so they decided to put the guards on standby for the worst-case scenario.

In the worst case... it has been assumed that Katamimi will run away.

If Katamimi goes out of control and refuses to obey even the general's orders, the guards are fully armed and ready to "discard" Katamimi if necessary.

While feeling the gaze of the surroundings, Katamimi, who became naked after removing all the equipment, entered the prepared culture solution and closes her eyes quietly. *(E/N: I'm assuming "culture solution" is referring to something similar to the liquids in those generic clone vats from basically any work of fiction.)

"Then, we will start lifting the thinking restrictions."

"Identification number... no, Katamimi, will have her functions suspended."

"...I have confirmed that she has stopped functioning. I will now access her simple brain."

"...Successful access to the simple brain. Now, all of Katamimi's thinking restrictions will be lifted." *(E/N: I know it isn't supposed to be insulting, but when they say, "simple brain," I can't help but get that vibe)

The researchers manipulate the magic tool with their favored hand and proceed with the release of the thought restrictions of Katamimi.

The general keeps watching such a situation.

For him, Katamimi is more than just a homunculus soldier.

She has been his companion for many years and is an emotional pillar of his heart.

He prayed to the goddess that the release work would be completed safely while watching the figure of Katamimi sleeping in the culture solution.

The researchers operated the magic tool for releasing thoughts, and it seemed that Katamimi's removal of thought restrictions was proceeding without any problems.

However, a trouble occurred.

It started with a word from a researcher who is proceeding with the release work.

"...Hm? Isn't it strange? Katamimi's thought restrictions... are already dysfunctional...?"

Everything started from this one word...

"Check again. It's very unlikely that her thought restrictions aren't working."

"I've checked it many times, but... there's still no response."

"That can't be right. No matter how old a homunculus is, it wouldn't be without thought restrictions. Check again."

"...No... wait a minute... I found the thought restrictions."