Chapter-2

"What were you doing with her? Have you forgotten our motive?" an older man asked Lewis in an authoritative tone.

"I know my motive very well. What's yours, Barney?" Lewis said spitefully.

"Show some respect for your senior," Barney said with anger and hurt, "you know I only do what needs to be done."

"And what's that, Sir?" Lewis said hissing the word 'sir'.

"I do what is good for us, both of us. And fooling around with that girl is surely not going to help in that. In fact, I think you should go back, you don't belong in here," Barney threatened.

"Mr. Conductor, if you please give me one more chance. I can't go back," Lewis pleaded.

"I don't see that happening," Barney Conductor replied and then turned to the dogs, "come on guys, let's head home." The dogs followed him as he walked away, leaving Lewis in solitudeThe next morning was quiet uneventful for Miss Richards. Considering that it was the first day of school, the whole day was spent in introductions. Samantha liked the lean science teacher, the buff Gym teacher, the French teacher with a strange eye, but she hated the maths teacher. The maths teacher was a Mr. Hamertson who, to quote Samantha, 'looked sadistic'. He had started the class with a threat, 'I'm your mathematics teacher, Mr. Hamertson, but you'll remember me as your worst nightmare.' Samantha loved maths and knew instantly that this teacher will hate her. Maths could never be a nightmare for her and she took him as a teacher who loved to thrash students.

Trey and Ro had taken her under their wings and she had made some new friends, or at least acquaintances, by the end of the class. "This isn't as bad as I was dreading. In fact I'm beginning to like this," Samantha told her mom on the phone, once she was in her room.

"So, how did you like the party last night?" Ro asked Sam. They had come back from lunch a few minutes ago.

"It was good," Samantha said absentmindedly. She had just started to study (they didn't have any homework, but Samantha wanted to show Mr. Hamertson).

"What did you do there? Last we saw you, you were on the dance floor with Lewis," Trey said sitting on her bed besides Ro.

"We danced for a while, and then we took off to see the dogs," Samantha informed.

"See the dogs?" Trey and Ro both asked with confused expressions.

"There was a female dog Gypsy and her two pups- Lee and Rose."

"Those black and white dogs," Ro understood, "yeah they are cute."

"What did you guys talk about?" Trey asked taking an interest in the previous night's events.

"Nothing much, what did you guys do?"

"We danced and talked to people, drank some cola, the usual," Ro shrugged.

"And there was a boy who wanted to 'entertain' Ro and promised that they'll 'have a good time'," Trey said with humor in her eyes, "what did he say, Ro?"

"'Let me entertain you, let me make you smile.' I don't even know whether that's cheesy or creepy," Ro said with an expression that pertained to smelling something horrible.

So the evening passed in idle talks and it was dinner time before Sam could read a single word.

Unfortunately, the day wasn't as uneventful for Lewis and Mr. Conductor.

"Mr. Conductor, I want to stop working for you," Lewis told Barney.

"And I want to drive a Ferrari," Barney scorned, "If you stop working for me, how will you pay your fees? You'll have to go back."