Miss Tolerant

The gushing sound of the ocean waves touching the shore and running back to the ocean was lyrical. One could spend hours just watching the dance of waves but I wanted to watch the girl observing the ocean with a longing in her eyes. I clicked a picture of Cooper secretly. She was standing against the wind and the breeze was blowing her hair. She didn't care to set her hair and let the wind play with those brownish-black tresses freely.

I went and stood next to her and she sensed my presence. We stood quietly watching the Sun disappear somewhere in the ocean mystifying the atmosphere. It was a perfect setting for kissing just not the perfect moment.

"Cooper, sometimes, it's easier to talk to strangers." I wanted to hear the story. The suspense was killing me. "I promise to not judge you or offer any advice."

"I slept with Mike, Genna's boyfriend."

I was surprised by the revelation. Cooper didn't look like a girl who could do that. Maybe it was in her genes as Genna mentioned.

"Or so, he made it look like. Genna is my father's first wife's daughter. My father left her for my mother, is what they think. After my father's demise, I was a little broken even though we had our ups and downs. But he was the only parent I ever had. My mother left us for some unknown reason when I was four. My father dated several women but never had a permanent partner to call his own. On his death, Mike came to my room to console me. My head was heavy with all the crying and trauma and I didn't realise when I fell asleep. When I woke up, Genna was shouting on top of her voice. I was blamed for sleeping with her boyfriend. She made my grandparents believe that I was like my parents. Insensitive and opportunist. Maybe I was. Genna wanted to be the sole heir to all this so she framed me. I couldn't prove myself innocent and I didn't want to either. I was done with the family drama. I have come here after years because I thought Genna wouldn't be here. Guess, I was wrong."

Cooper didn't hesitate in sharing her story with me which was no less than a movie plot. A brilliant one at that. I wanted to know the climax.

My brain was storming with ideas, so I offered her, "Cooper, I have a plan to seek revenge from Genna."

"You offered no suggestions," Cooper amused me with her words. She talked in oxymorons. Weirdo.

"I know, but hear me out. I promise I won't force you." I turned her in my direction and damn! That face. She could easily become the actress for my next project. She was prettier than most of the actresses in the industry. She was raw. Organic.

When I was lost admiring her she questioned me, "Why did you kiss me, Mr Kellar? Why were you expecting a sex worker at your service when you have a girlfriend?"

I gritted my teeth to subside my anger. Who was she to question? I remained silent for a while then walked away. Cooper caught hold of my hand as I did. I stopped because her hold was soft yet dominating above all awfully enticing.

"Doing action on-screen is easier than doing it in real life. It takes guts to share your problems with people. Offering suggestions to others is easy."

Cooper freed my hand but I was caged. Caged in her challenge. She was right. I couldn't share my problems with myself too.

"Tia and I are on a break, so technically we are free to do what we like. I can have sex like a wild and she could do the same. My parents were forcing me to marry her. I ran away. So, that's my story. Tell me what do I do? Any suggestions?"

"None. That's just your part of the story. I don't know the other part. So, no suggestions or judgements."

"You know, Genna was right you are a little witch. You play tricks with peoples minds. Saying such big things doesn't suit you." Cooper was wicked. She tricked me to hear my story and then made me feel low.