Best Friend's Brother? Just Give Me The Gun Now. Chapter 26

A bush moved behind the tree, my attention was taken from Alex to see what exactly was happening behind us. Almost at the same time Alex jumped up, taking a few steps to the certain bush.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered, standing up myself, gathering all of my things to run if needed.

"Taking a look what does it look like Ella. Just wait okay?" 

I nodded my head even though he wasn't even paying any attention to what I was doing. It was probably just an animal just moving around, right? Lost in my own train of thought I jumped slightly when someone grabbed my arm. Looking up I saw Alex, blazer in hand, one hand still on my arm slowly pulling me away. 

"Why are we going?" I asked, not moving my arm from his grip.

"I don't know what was in that bush but whatever it was I don't think it would've been a good idea if we had stayed. It was probably just an animal but with what's going on I'd rather not take any chances. Anyone could've followed us from school." 

I sighed slightly, nothing was ever going to be simple. Letting my gaze fall to the floor, I let Alex pull me along getting lost into my own thoughts once more. How could one little thing get so complicated? It started off with notes, moved on to strange conversations and now Alex dumped Cheryl. Plus to top it off he just admitted it's always been me. How can life get this confusing in a matter of weeks?!

"Penny for your thoughts..."

"Huh?" I asked startled, eyes locking with his.

"What're you thinking about?" Alex asked sitting down on a bus stop bench on my road.

"Nothing much really, just going through everything that has happened. It's a lot of stuff to happen in a few weeks. Now we're going to get more drama with hanging out and Cheryl hating me anyway. It's going to get real confusing."

"It is going to get confusing but we can do this right? We can be... friends?"

"Yeah we can... I think we've been semi friends for a few days, I think we can handle getting to a different status instead of hating each other."

Alex's face lit up, standing up he took my hand in his pulling me up, walking towards my house.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Alex muttered as we reached my front door. I turned to face him, surprised at how close he actually was to me. Looking up into his eyes I had to swallow a few times to get my mouth to start working.

"Sure, tomorrow." I told him, his head started lowering down to my own, our lips touched. My back gently hit my door, everything around us faded away. This was definitely getting more complicated.

A few minutes hadn't passed before the door opened and Alex quickly let me go, taking a step backwards. Blinking slightly as if trying to clear his thoughts.

"Ella it's time for dinner." I turned my head, shocked to see my dad standing the other side of the threshold arms crossed. Waving goodbye to Alex, I moved past my dad and into the kitchen. 

"Hello Mr Parks, nice to see you... Urm I better be off. Bye!" 

I heard my dad grunt something unintelligible as he shut the door and made his way into the kitchen. Nothing was said the rest of the evening.

-

Stepping outside my front door the next morning I made it down the pathway before Alex came out of nowhere. 

"Hey there." I said, a small smile appearing on my lips.

"Hi." 

"Walking with me again this morning then?" I asked, as we fell into step with each other.

"Yes I am. I kind of wanted to talk about yesterday." 

My stomach dropped, nerves filled my stomach. Alex pulled my arm slightly to stop walking, my gaze was caught in his.

"What about it?"

"We skated past what I said, we didn't really mention the fact that I said it was always you. I don't want you to think that I didn't mean it because I did. I do like you Ella and I hope that what I hope will happen will actually be real." He took a deep breath, catching my hands in his. "I want to take you out on a date, somewhere where we won't have to hide. We won't have to worry about Cheryl catching us and making everything difficult."

"You... want to take me on a date?" 

"Yeah I do, I want to see if this will work."

"Okay, let's do this."

A smile lit up his face, mine was probably matching the amazed feeling poking through. He let go of one of my hands, pulling my along slightly as we made our way to school.