008.

#8: Pride Comes Before The Fall

[Having received an offer from the riot squad's disposal unit, Hagiwara expresses his thoughts...]

-

"Looking back at my dad's workshop... anything and everything being okay..."

"Pulls the breaks that make me wonder..." Hagiwara opened his closed eyes slowly, staring at the ceiling with a serious gaze. "...if this isn't just the gateway to failure."

"Well, if you feel insecure, you'd better turn them down," Matsuda suggested to him, offering a small smile. "After all, it looks like being in the bomb disposal unit is a hella dangerous job..." He added as he turned to leave.

"Huh?" Hagiwara said when he saw him leaving. "If you're going to eat then I'm tagging along!" He claimed as he got up from the couch. "Nah..." Matsuda said, "I'm going to Oni-jerk's car.

"As soon as he heard that I can tell which part is malfunctioning just by the sound of it... He told me to check up on the engine of that car." Matsuda told him. "And he told me to wash it as well while I'm at it... makes me really want to graduate from this place right away to join the bomb disposal unit as soon as possible..." He smirked.

"Matsuda... doesn't the bomb disposal unit scare you?" Hagiwara asked him. "If I said it doesn't, I'll be lying," Matsuda confessed truthfully. "But I've been interested in joining the squad for some time now... besides,"

"By nature, I... only have an accelerator!" Matsuda grinned.

 only have an accelerator!" Matsuda grinned

"Hmph, I guess so..." Hagiwara smirked, looking at his friend.

- With Hiro | At The Bike Shop -

Looking up at the shop sign, Hiro recalled a conversation he had some time ago.

"Speaking of motorbike shops, I happened to see a man with a strange tattoo, some time ago..." Matsuda said, a hand on his chin. "That is a goblet, right? It had that shape..."

His mind then played back to the memories from the night years ago, Hiro was sweating profusely and his breath ragged. He flinched when he felt someone's hand on his shoulder, turning around, his eyes widen at the person.

"S-Squad Leader Date?!" He exclaimed.

"Sorry, but I've taken the liberty to follow you since you left with a strange look on your face," Date smiled at him. "I don't know what you come here to investigate, but I won't mind if you dont wanna tell me..."

"I'll just watch beside you, and won't get in your way..." He added. "Well, I might occasionally talk to myself though," Date chuckled while Hiro looked at him with a troubled expression.