Special¡ study date

「 pancakes 」

pancakes

(a/n: this is an original chapter that will introduce some of Ari's background. it will not involve the manga's plot)

-

The awaited day had finally arrived. After yesterday's incident, she wasn't quite sure whether to continue with it. But the boys had assured her that it was fine for them.

It had been some time since she last had such a peaceful morning. Ari wished to still bury herself under the warm comfort of her bed but she had to get going. She blinked her eyes open, scrunting it a bit from the glares of the lamp she had forgotten to close the night prior. She got up, lifting her arms above her shoulder, stretching them slightly. She looked at her bed, where sheets of papers and documents sprawled on it.

She disregarded them to the side and dropped her legs onto the ceramic floor, they flinched a bit from the unexpected cold. One of her hands wandered to the night table beside her bed, searching for a certain gadget. She felt the cold metal at the tip of her fingers and reached for it - She shoved it to her face and swiped it open. She looked at it with drowsy eyes and noted the time; 5:00 am. She got to rest for about 90 minutes it seems.

She then slid her feet into the fuzzy slippers laid at the side and stood upright after.

-

Ari finished her run and returned to her apartment. She patted a few stray cats along the way and mentally listed to buy some food for them. She reached her doorstep and took off her sneakers, leaving them where it was. Ari then took off her jumpers, wiped her face, and rushed to rid of the sweats reeking on her.

She undressed and stepped into the bathroom, she reached for the faucet and swung it left. Steaming water sprayed down on her. The water fell over her, steady and gentle. The water ran and so was her thoughts.

Her mind wandered far, to the passing days, weeks, and years. It was getting tiring. For how long will she be on this journey? It has been too long. Indeed it was so long that she should've returned home. But home, there was no home anymore. It was long gone, forgotten and abandoned. She wondered if Japan could be her new home? After all, home does not need to be a place. It could be the people. People... people she cared for, people she wished to return to. Were there any? There are. People around her. People that made her happy. It's them, isn't it?

She slowly opened her eyes and stared at the drops of water dripping down from her head. She followed its trails, she looked as it ran down her body, onto the floor beneath, and joined the flows of the water as it went down the drain, ending its journey.