Introduction

Tears filled Kiah's eyes as she speeds down a dirt road with her dog Toby.
Kiah's life was falling apart. Her parents fought constantly and to make up for it they gave her everything she could ever want.
Her dad was mister money, everyone knew about him and all of his extracurriculars. Her mom turned her cheek for a long time until she found out he slept with Kiah's ex best friend Cassie and on top of that she's now pregnant.
Kiah's mom is trying to get a divorce and full custody of Kiah, but her dad doesn't like either option.
As Kiah is driving around with Toby she gets a call from her guy best friend Kasen. They talk and that leads to Kiah picking up Kasen
" I feel like I haven't seen you in forever" he says
" I know, our friendship would be so much easier if my dad didn't hate you"
" Yeah, so how are things"
" Not great. I'm avoiding my parents"
" What about Cassie?"
" Oh definitely Cassie" she laughs
Kiah's dad isn't Kasen's biggest fan because he's 21, Kiah is 17, almost 18 in her defense, but Kasen is who gets the alcohol for Kiah and her friends' parties, her dad was furious.
Kiah wasn't phased by her dad's anger, so you could probably guess what Kiah and Kasen did next.
Yep they bought booze and they headed to an old dirt road.
" Kiah, where the heck are we?" he laughs
" An abandoned dirt road" Kiah explains " I come out here to think..and to star gaze"
" Gotcha so is that why there's so many blankets in the the back seat"
" Yup" she giggles " I've also slept in my truck"
" Out here? Are you crazy?"
" No not out here. At my house. I couldn't fall asleep with all the screaming"
As they're talking they move blankets to the tailgate. They sit and talk til sunrise..literally.
Kiah knew she shouldn't love Kasen the way she does, but her feelings overwhelm her and she kisses him.
" Ohmygod I'm so sorry"
" Kiah it's okay"
Kasen kisses her back intensifying the moment with every kiss, but alas it was year ago, and now Kasen's dead.