The Job

My eyes went wide. Sure I acted all sure of myself, but I hadn't expected that kind of noise from it. I looked down and felt myself slowly being lifted into the air. I quickly scrambled back to the normal grass, falling a few inches at the edge. Three laughed as I stumbled and straightened a few feet from her.
"What the-" I looked at it and saw the grass had seemed to raise, revealing a staircase down into the darkness. Three calmly walked into it. I turned back to the car but they drove away quickly. "Hey! I-"
       "Let's go," Three said sternly. I hesitated but followed her slowly. We walked down a set of metal stairs. I couldn't see anything in front of me because of Three. Suddenly, she stopped and I almost tripped. I heard a beep then she continued, not on stairs anymore but a hallway. The walls were black, and I ran my fingers along them, realizing they were metal. The hall was barely large enough for me to walk through, but Three seemed unfazed. The ceiling was quite tall, above five feet over my head, and I was an average height so I was a bit surprised. I realized that there was a thin streak of blue on the wall way above my head. Suddenly I heard a noise and jumped. It was loud, and I immediately recognized it as a gun shot. Three opened a door and walked in. I followed behind her, taking in the details of the area. It was a huge circular area, but the size wasn't what shocked me. It was that about five feet in front of us, there was a drop, blocked by a railing which was glass and metal. But we could freely walk in a semi-circle, with stairs leading down to either side. I walked over to the railing and looked down, eyes wide. There was another circular area, with a boy directly in the middle of it. I saw the man who had done my interview between the bottoms of both stairs, watching the nervous-looking boy. The boy in the center of the room aimed to below is, but I couldn't see what. I just knew by the man's face that he hadn't hit the target. He looked up at us and smiled.
"Three. You're here." He nodded and she walked down. "Jameson, follow Three out." His face fell.
"But sir please-"
The man nodded to Three who walked over. I fully expected her to like, hit him or something but instead, she lightly laid her hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. We know you're struggling with money. You'll get ten thousand dollars for your help." He followed her out and the man nodded for me. I quickly ran down the stair case, nearly tripping over my own legs. I saw there was a minuscule target on one edge of the room, standing on the middle it couldn't have been more than fifty yards off. An easy shot for a long time shooter, which that boy obviously wasn't.
"Welcome, to our humble abode." He handed me a gun. "Hit the target from the middle of the room, you might get in. Otherwise, you go home with some money for your trouble."
"Do I at least get your name?" I questioned, staring at the gun, and loading it slowly.
"Blade Neman. But you can call me Mr. Neman, now shoot." I nodded and walked into the middle of the room.
"And if I hit it, how likely am I to get in?"
"About fifty-fifty. Depends on how you hit it." I raised my brows.
"So if I do it like-"
"Shoot the target, Althea," he whispered sternly. I smirked, staring at him, and shot it without looking. I decided a hundred or nothing was better than a fifty-fifty chance. I was shocked to see his face light up. Honestly I had strongly doubted the chances of me hitting the target.
I snapped around and saw a hole through the center of the target. "I made it?" I turned back to him, my face lit up. "Am I in?"
"I-"
"Of course you're not in," Three said walking back into the room. She saw the destroyed target and looked at Mr. Neman's shocked face. "We don't accept everyone who shoots the target, Blade."
"Three can I...talk to you?" He said harshly. He dragged her off to the side and I waited, nerves rushing through me. After a second Mr. Neman walked back over. "You're in." My eyes widened in surprise.
"I'm in?"
"I'll brief you, since Three doesn't seem to be quite your biggest fan." He turned around, putting a hand on the wall and it slid away. "Welcome, Althea Herasa. To The Secret Society."