Chapter 13

(recap)

(I raised both my hands, and closed my eyes, not knowing what was going to happen next. My breathing grew heavier, making me almost out of breath.

"Becca, I'm Sara. And I feel like God is wanting me to tell you this okay?" I once again nodded, all of the sudden feeling very dizzy. God? He isn't real.?

"He wants you to know that you don't have to cut to ease the pain your mom causes you. You don't have to attempt suicide to be freed. All you have to do is let him in and HE will heal you. Cause Becca, no matter how many times you have told Him, You aren't real, You're not here, He has heard and it breaks his heart because you are going through this. And it hurt him to see His daughter suffering. You know what he is saying Becca? He is saying come to me." My tears have?became an unending stream down my face. How does she know all this? How does she know about the cutting and the suicide? The only people that know about it are Jamie and Rachel and Aunt Kay, no one else.

Sara begins praying faster and harder. "Lord, Show her your love right now, God. I pray for your peace to cover her and set her free. Lord remove the chains of fear and heartbreak. Jesus. Jesus. Becca, I want you to just start saying the name of Jesus, okay?"  

I shook my head at her showing that I did not want to say this persons name, who left me alone and afraid. She looked at me with eyes filled with worry and understanding. Feeling defeated, I caved saying the name she asked me to say.

"Jesus." I said. "Jesus." I said repeating it until my voice was no more and there were only tears and loud sobs. Now my body was definitely feeling weird. Whatever is going on, this is amazing! 

"In the name of Jesus, You are now free!!" And after those words I felt myself hit the floor and then nothing.

******************

Jamie's POV

I let my hands down after the song ended, and began praying. 

 "Wow! The power of God is all over this room. I'm going to change the order of the service and go straight into the prayer. I have a feeling there are several girls here that do not know of God's love. And those girls are hurting deeply. I don't know what caused the hurt but if you are hurting and feel hopeless, I want you to make your way to this alter right now."

I heard Pastor Haynes say to the crowd. I look down at Becca and see she is still crying. She stands, shaking profusely. And before I could blink she's running toward the alter.

I couldn't help the tears of joy that were running down my face. I was making my way to the front to get a closer look, when I saw Sara, Sam's mom praying for Becca.

I could hear every word from the conversation.

"Dear heavenly Father. I pray for this girl, Lord. I pray for the brokenness to heal. And God, show her your love and your presence. Let her be filled with an overwhelming peace." Sara prayed. My tears grew heavier.)

********************************

(Still Jamie's POV)

I began to pray more at the sight of the girl who has captured my heart, feeling God and experiencing him.

Sara moved around to the front of Becca, talking to her quietly. "Sweetie. What's your name?" She asked Becca.

It took her a few minutes, but she replied shaky, her voice full of tears. "Becca...My name is Becca." I heard her say. I could tell by her voice, she's scared and a little afraid of what's going on. I wish I could pull her into my arms, and let her know that it's just God and that He's taking care of her.