Chapter 19

You push and you push and I'm pulling away/ pulling away from you

Another agonizing week for Yaoyorozu has come and gone. The situation with Todoroki-kun has gotten much worse over a very short span of time and now she could honestly say she feared the worst for her relationship with the bi-colored boy. And it all began with a disagreement with someone else.

~~Monday~~

Bakugo walked into class with his head down, hands in his pockets and ignoring everyone. There were still a few who were pretty salty with the blonde as they didn't manage to see the fluffy girl return to the dorm for the whole weekend. This in addition to the boy's lack of contact with anyone through the whole weekend just added more fuel to the fire.

When Yaoyorozu and Todoroki walked in the shift in attention was immediate. Todoroki was leading his girlfriend to her seat, which was normal, but he also looked a little distant. It looked to anyone looking at the pair that while the ravenette was in deep infatuation with the boy, the bi-colored male was not reciprocating the sentiment. In fact, to anyone else it seemed as if he were just doing what he did as a routine, an automatic response to a daily schedule.

As soon as the pair sat down and got out their supplies for class, Todoroki's attention is taken away by his phone. A hum from the device is instantly picked up and a slow smile crosses his face before the phone is placed back in his pocket. He's then seen bobbing his head up and around everyone in his row with his eyes on the door. When the sliding noise is heard and the instructor enters the room followed by the chubby teen no one had seen for the entire weekend.

Surprised gasps and shocked faces follow the girl as she walked into the room, her head still down and eyes averted from everyone. She slowly made her way down the aisle to her seat, eyes on the floor so she wouldn't bump into anyone's bags or feet, and sat down to avoid commenting on anything.

Classes were strained that day with no one really sure of how to either welcome back or speak to the fluffy teen about her weekend and her current feelings on what happened the week before. Rather than ask her they decided that it would be in their best interest, and hers, that they wait for her to speak. Yaoyorozu, however, noted that she had pulled her phone from her bag and had it sitting on her desk and would occasionally stare at it, type a word or two on it and then go back to what she'd been doing. But it was the fact that Todoroki would look at his phone and type a few things before putting it away. She decided not to question it and continued on with her day.

~~Tuesday~~

Bakugo had snapped. His usual surly attitude and responses to his friends and classmates had boiled over, insults and violence getting far too hard to ignore anymore.

"Bakugo," Sero began, "what's up with you?" Nothing but a growl in response.

"You're kinda being more of a dick than usual," Mina commented. Again, a growl.

"What's wrong, Bakubro?" Kirishima asked. This time a tongue click and a growl.

The group of friends followed the explosive male desperate to find out what it was that truly bothered their friend. He stomped to and fro from class to class, his attempts to leave his friends behind as quickly as possible becoming more of a fantasy with each passing hour.

"You might as well spill it," Jiro said. "If you're in pain, just let us know, dude. We can't help if you don't say something."

"She's right," Kaminari blurted. "You won't feel any better until you tell someone. So, just tell us, man."