➳ Chapter 20

They city was heavily populated. It seemed like every single person who resided here was out. They were all dressed in the same black and red cloaks that the guys and I were dressed in. They all also seemed to be going in one direction, forcing Cloud and I to go the same way that they were all going. Their paces were even a lot faster than before.

        The streets were also covered in guards, wielding their guns as they stood in high alert.

     The air was so thick that you could literally feel it weighing down on your body, and the atmosphere so extremely tense, that even the very citizens who weren't suppose to show much emotion seemed as anxious as I was. 

        Before we left the car, the guys made me remove my eye patch. This whole time I had a hand held above my head like I were trying to block the sun from my sight, making the appearance of my left eye look less awkward, keeping it closed the way I did. 

"What do you think he wants to say mommy?" This little girl asked her mother as they walked in front of me.

"We'll find out when we get there, now be a good girl and stay quiet okay?" The mother replied.

        The little girl nodded her head in response.

        I myself was curious to know what Abstantine wanted to talk about. 

        A second later, Cloud and I made it into this wide open space, in the middle of the city, were a podium on a high platform stood in the very center.

        Everyone crowded around this podium, but at least six feet in border was left empty between the people and the platform.

      The crowd on the opposite side of where Cloud and I stood, had an open walk space in between them.

        Down the walk way came a man, a man that silenced the entire crowd. He was the exact same man that I saw on the tape that Murdoc played for me back in his study. In person, his presence was a lot more eerie than I would have expected it to be. 

And still not a single one of these people knows what Abstantine truly looks like... I thought.

        Before the man began to speak, he tapped on the microphone twice to make sure that it was working.

        Then the words that everyone had been waiting for spilled out of him like a body of water breaking through the flood gates. 

"...Today is no ordinary day." The man began. "Today marks the day, where each and every single one of you will rise up, and become part of a new nation that marks the beginning of a new era. As I have been kind to you, you have been kind to me. I have shown you all the lives that you may live with my help, and I have given you a future many of you never thought you'd see the day of. Now, all that I ask in return is that you grant me the same favor. My goal...our goal, is to unify the world and make this planet one of peace, but in order for this to occur, you must acknowledge me as your leader, and vow to do what is best for the people, and what is best for the many generations to come. Today we start small, but tomorrow we'll take the world at large. Within our power, this world will never see hunger, pain, or illness. Within our power, we create the first true utopia on earth. See the world you know today change, and became the safe haven you've never known!"

"Long live Abstantine!" The crowd yelled as they all raised their right fist.

"Live and be strong, setting those who once stood above you as your equal!" Abstantine's proxy yelled. 

"Long live Abstantine!" The crowd chanted once more.

"...To enact this new beginning, I have brought to you the end of the past."