19|Newspaper

Rose drags me towards her to dance and she swings my hands with hers. I feel like everyone knows something I don't.

She spins me around as we dance to the music but something feels off.

"Claude is just having a shower then he'll be back to train," Dagger says entering the tent again. "Yeah it's alright we are busy anyway," Gwen says.

Rose smiles at Dagger and he smiles back it's adorable as hell. I pout.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you how far I am when I went and checked with the doctor," she says. "How far are you?" I ask.

"Two months," she grins.

"I'm gonna be an aunty," I whine with excitement. "I know." she hugs me and we sway to the music.

"What's with all the mucking around get to training!" I jump a little from Claude shouting.

"Where is Melissa?" I ask. "Dead." he walks past me with a blank face. "You can't just go around saying stuff like that Claude," Rose says.

Claude turns around and walks up to me. "I killed Melissa, and if you don't believe me go get a good look at her body all mangled up in a body bag," he whispers to me.

"He is just kidding I saw her drive off," Dagger says then walks to Rose.

Claude sighs. "Ruined my fun like usual," He scowls at Dagger. Claude with wet hair makes him look delicious.

"Okay enough with the jokes let's train," Gwen says.

"I said to stop lying," I whisper to him. "I didn't, I can prove it, sometimes I don't wanna tell the truth because I don't want you sc-" He stops himself and moves back then tilts his head.

"Then again, you didn't care that I 'killed' Dagger," he whispers.

I blink a few times. I'm so fucking insane to agree that he is right.

He reaches behind me to the back of my head and uses my hair to tilt my head up. He leans down to my ear and his free hand goes under my skirt. "You truly are fascinating Doll," he taunts kissing my ear I closed my eyes as he did.

His grip on my hair just turns me on and I know i'm insane.

"How do I know you are telling the truth?" I ask nearly gulping but I hold it in. "I know you told me not to lie but I am just merely having fun," he says.

"But..." He slides his hand between my legs just hovering there not touching. "If someone dares pleasure you and it's not me I will kill them."

I frown at him. "Touch me," I whine. "If I touch that means you get bent over and my dick goes deep into your stomach," he says and I am now dazed.

"Where is the problem?"

"You are Ana's replacement since you are the only one with talent around here while I search for another trapeze performer."

"We have a show tomorrow so I best get going," I say. "Not dressed like that, you've got no underwear on and you will be in the air, if someone even sees a glimpse between your legs bare their head will be on my wall," he says.

"You are the one that took 'em off," I say. He smacks my face but instead of reacting how I usually do, it's a giggle that leaves my mouth. He moves his mouth next to my ear.

"Go put another pair on then and Melissa is gonna be dead in about seven hours."

...

I'm in the air swinging. "Bend your legs lift them against your chest and swing them over the pole then let go, you should fall back and swing towards me so I can grab your hands," Diego instructs.

I do as i'm told and get my legs over the pole then I let go and fall back feeling my heart pound as I swing towards Diego and reach out for them.

They grab my hands and I unhook my legs from the bar which makes me swing even lower to the net while Diego holds my hands.

"Grab on to the other bar but get your legs over it first don't grab it with your hands," They say and Rose, since she isn't performing is helping guide the other swing to me.

The swing gets close to me and Diego lets go and I grab swing my legs over the bar.

"This is so fun!" I shout to Diego.

"This is why I do it, it is so exhilarating," he says.

After a few more stunts we both drop to the net. "Is there any trick you can't do?" Rose asks hugging me when I get off of the net.

"That was so much fun," I pant.

I grab my bottle of water and down the whole thing.

Rose walks over to Dagger who has a smirk on his face and a hose in his hand.

"Don- Dagger don't wet me," She pouts when he sprays her with the hose. he does it again. He points it at Diego and sprays them as well. "Fucker gimme that."

Diego charges after him but Rose gets to the hose first and sprays me. "You bitch," I say. The hose turns off and we look in the direction of where the tap is and Claude is standing at it.

"And you say I ruin the fun," Dagger says.

"This isn't training get back to it," Claude says with a snarl.

"Good thing I don't need training me being the box office lady," Camila rolls her eyes.

"Maybe he's always moody because he's the oldest," Rose says. "Funny I don't even know his age," I say kinda shocked.

I've never thought about it but he looks at least halfway through his twenties.

"Wait. Really?" Rose asks. "Dead serious," I say. "He's thirty-six," she says.

My smacks to the floor. "No, how? He looks twenty!" I say. "I dunno facial surgery," she shrugs.

"No, it would be obvious if he had surgery," I say. "Maybe he's a vampire," she jokes.

"He isn't pale though so he can't be a vamp," Dagger says. "Self-tanning," I say.

"I dunno but I want his face routine so I can look young when I reach his age," She says. "What if he's lying about his age?" Dagger asks.

"I dunno he's hitting thirteen years owning this Circus so I don't think he's lying about his age since he looked like an adult than as well."

"He started when he was twenty-three?" I ask. "I said when he started owning this Circus, this Circus is decades old," She says.

"He used to be apparently just one of the average Performers, his family-owned this Circus then they mysteriously all died in a tent fire, the original big top burnt down twenty years ago when he was just one of the performers I believe he was one of the stunt performers maybe trapeze? I don't know, but he was out on a grocery run to feed everyone and he came back and the big top was down to the ground with smoke coming from it."

"You mean he lost his family as well?"

She nods. "He lost all of his friends and family, everything I think that is why he wanted us because we all understood a different piece of his pain each."

"But it didn't become official that he owned it until over seven years later because sixteen-year-old couldn't own it."

"How do you know all of this?" I ask.

"I have an addiction to mystery stories from newspapers that story was one long one as well went for four whole pages, it was titled the story of Claude Desdemona," she says.

"People went on blaming him for it, he got questioned by the police and apparently that was the last time anyone has seen him cry, they had evidence and all that to prove he didn't do it and eventually everyone forgot about what had happened until they go to Seattle to where the tent used to always sit, it is basically a scary story to tell kids now."

"Claude thinks he's cursed," Dagger says.

"Why would you believe that shit?"

_____

Going to the Circus in my town tomorrow night I can't wait 😆 And no this isn't a supernatural book 😭