CHAPTER 2

There is nothing but silence in the library. Two guys looking at each other eye to eye while the other is on the floor and the other is floating with a smug smirk on his pretty face. Kamiya threw his knuckles in the air to punch it, but the person avoided the punch like it was nothing and threw Kamiya in the air.

A gasp passed out of Kamiya's mouth; a kid who was smiling at him like he was an insect, thoroughly shattering his measly dignity and pride. The kid's eyes stare at him as if he is worthless, and that he'll never be worthwhile of this person's time.

"Does it hurt? That was the lightest punch I could give." They smiled, but its eyes showed how he sees Kamiya as nothing but a wimp. A wimp,comparable to that of an insect? How weak he must be.

"A-Aren't we in a contract?" Kamiya asked, and he glanced at this person with confusion. It furrowed his eyebrows and let out a loud laugh. Its eyes shone in black and Kamiya felt the air take him down to the ground. Several books fell on him and the shelves were luckily strong enough to withhold the surge of power coming from the man.

They grabbed Kamiya's collar and its eyes and smile showed wickedness and how much they were having fun. Relishing on Kamiya's confusion, however, is not enough for them. They want Kamiya to feel fear. Nothing is more important to them than taking control of their contractor's body.

"What do you need, huh?" Kamiya asked, his voice restrained because of the grip on his collar. It looked at him and put its finger on its chin like they were thinking. With their mocking stare, fully expecting him to fail.

"Say my name, and I'll take this contract," A sudden gust of wind slapped Kamiya across the face, his small body almost fainting because of the harsh thud of his body against the hard wall. "D-Don't you... think this is a little unfair?" He choked out.

"Don't you think this is a little unfair?" They rolled their eyes, mocking his tone of voice

"Whoever was the foolish one to try taking on a Kallesis' anyway" It asked in a jeering tone.

Kamiya couldn't even remember the last time he drank, much less remember this person's name. He tried recalling every single detail he could after passing out in a black void with this... Did he call themself Kallesis? A cloud of white energy formed in their right hand, gradually growing bigger as the room. They clicked their tongue, and if he closed his eyes they almost sound likes a ticking time bomb.

The enormous ball of energy formed, and it is twice Kamiya's size. It flared in heat, slowly burning down the whole library. Kamiya's heart pounded as he tried his best to remember. Every second makes the ball of heat grow until he could feel how hot it was against his skin.

"Don't tell me you don't remember my name? Ah well, the devil won't mind some... Sacrifices" Their eyes shone in happiness, like a kid who won a huge toy in a raffle.

Kamiya clenched his fist hard enough that he could feel his fingernail rip the skin in his palm. He couldn't believe this was happening. No, no, why is this happening? He took a deep breath, a useless endeavour as he still feels so trapped and suffocated. It wasn't supposed to go like this. He was only testing his power, but because of his recklessness, this is happening. Comparing and thinking that everything could go his way was a mistake.

Kamiya is trying his best to remember their name. However, every second is slowly dissipating and soon it'll turn him to dust. If only he could remember it as easy at it was in the novel, this wouldn't happen.

"Hmm, have I ever told you how much I hate waiting?" He does now, the scent of burning paper only makes it more evident.

The heat feels like the flaming red sun that could burn him to dust and burn him into nothing. I can't remember his name? What is his name? What is his name? It kept repeating on Kamiya's mind and the crippling anxiety and helplessness filled his mind as he kept staring at the energy nearing him.