"A Halloween Evening." Chapter 1

It was halloween night, the air was cold and crisp, the scent of pumpkins was carried along by the chilling breeze passing by.

A certain person was roaming the streets, going from door to door with a crappy plastic pumpkin basket filled with all sorts of sweet treats, lolipops, chocolate bars, eyeball-shaped gummies, anything you can think of!

Who could it be?
Why, our Y/N of course!

They were a little old for halloween..But not too old for candy!

They had already visited almost EVERY house in the neighborhood, honestly it didn't take as long as they expected it to..

Well, probably because the neighborhood itself was actually quite small.

But there was ONE house they had not visited..

At the very end of the street sat an old, seemingly abandoned house.

Though it's appearance looked as if nobody lived there, a dim light shone out from a window, shining through from inbetween the wooden boards that were boarded onto the exterior.

They found it strange,
They never even knew people lived there!
A house so run-down, with lights coming from the inside?

Y/N felt curious,
They looked both ways before making their way across the street towards the old house.

They slowly made their way up to the door..
What were they doing?
This is probably the most idiotic thing they've ever been doing!

Who walks up to a haunted-looking house? On HALLOWEEN?

Oh well..They were already here, might aswell try and get candy..If that was even possible.

Their hand slowly raised up, curling up into a fist as they placed a knock on the door.

The door felt frail, and flimsy.
As if it'd break if you were to knock too hard on it, so Y/N was careful.

They stood there for a few seconds..
There was seemingly no answer.

Y/N huffed as they adjusted the witch hat on their head, beginning to turn around to leave but-

They were interrupted by the sound of a door creaking open.

"Oh-! Uhm-" Y/N cleared their throat a bit as they turned their head back to the door.
"Trick or treat!" They said to the person at the door.

It was a black sheep, with a witch hat neatly placed on the top of their fluffy head.
They wore a crimson red spiked choker around their neck, and their horns stuck out through their fuzzy wool.

"Why hello there!" The witch-sheep spoke.
"My my! What a lovely witch costume you have there, I just so happen to be a witch too!" They smiled, raising their hand up and pointing towards the purple witch hat they wore.

"Thanks! Your costume's cool too!" Y/N said, smiling at the other aswell.

"My..Don't you think you're a bit old for halloween?" The sheep asked, tilting their head slightly.