001

"did he really sleep on me? tsk

"did he really sleep on me? tsk."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"like the butterfly effect, it was only just a speck
that made into a broken-hearted mess."
- the butterfly effect (before you exit)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YESEUL

Yeseul grew up with a camera on her hand.

As though it was attached to her body, there never was a day that the girl didn't have the familiar camera on her grip. Her passion for filming had began when her parents had filmed most of her childhood, recording her growth from when she was a toddler to when puberty had first hit her.

It was her first day of fourth grade when she met Niki.

He was this wild and full of energy kid, who ran around the classroom with his friends carelessly. She never paid much attention to him and when she transferred schools the next following year, it never even passed her mind that the same wild child she barely used to talk to, would reappear back to her life in high school. Only this time, he was nothing like how he was when they were in fourth grade. Though he remained the playful soul he was, he was definitely a lot quieter, taller, and whole lot more attractive.

Those changes alone made Yeseul's impression of Niki shift from annoying to intimidating. Considering that now she was intimidated of him, she expected that nothing would change between them, and that a blossoming friendship seemed as unlikely as her getting high grades.

Yet a simple lie was more than enough to change the tide of the waves and shift the direction of the wind. And two people who never seemed to have a connection, let alone show evidence that they'll ever have one, suddenly felt a spark as the strings of fate tied theirs in a knot, forever changing the outcome of everything the future had in store.

The butterfly effect, as she would like to say.

A simple lie that both ended with their idealistic view of love forever altered and a wound that would continue to linger for years— or at least that's how it ended for her.

Four years later, Yeseul's standing across Niki again and memories of their youth came back to her. The look on his face barely said anything aside from the clear surprise judging from how his lips were slightly parted and both his eyes were wide open. It was as though everything about today was still registering to him. Well, she couldn't blame him because even she couldn't believe he was right in front of her after years of successfully avoiding him.