Chapter 10

I'm not dead!  lol Thank you everyone for your encouraging and thoughtful messages.  You're the reason I'm finally updating this story again.  School has been incredibly stressful, but I will continue to try my best to post more often.  I refuse to give up on this story!

Chapter 10

“Where the hell is he?”

“A mini crepe will make you feel better.  I made them myself,” Aaron smiled proudly.

“I thought crepes were French?”

“That doesn’t matter, they’re a new take on the crepe and they’re delicious,” he grinned.

“If you do say so yourself,” Violet mumbled teasingly.

I took one and popped it into my mouth.  The crepe mixed with the strawberry filling was perfect.  He was right; it did make me feel better momentarily.

“Those are delicious,” I complimented him, licking the whipped cream off my fingers.

“Told you so.”

“I hope he comes,” I muttered, remembering the situation at hand.

“It’s okay, Kayden,” Violet reassured.  “I’m sure he’ll show up soon.”

I put my head in my hands.  It was currently 9:30am...and Harry was nowhere to be found.  I was beginning to remember why I wasn’t particularly fond of him.

Bringing my head back up, I took in the view around me.  It was a pleasant morning, and the garden was absolutely beautiful, definitely living up to royal standards.  Tables were placed throughout the garden, and around those tables for the guests were buffet tables lined along the sides with various arrays of foods straight from the kitchen.

I tore my gaze from the food and looked at Violet who was patiently waiting with Aaron and me for Harry to show up.

“Violet, I don’t want you to get in trouble, too.  You don’t have to wait with me.  I’m sure Thompson is expecting you,” I told her encouragingly.  It would be bad enough if I lost my job.  I didn’t want her to lose hers, too, especially since she had been here much longer than me.

“Are you sure?” she asked, still undecided.

“You two seem to forget I’m standing right here,” Aaron added, sounding mock-offended.

“Ok then.  Good luck,” she smiled at me before walking away to whatever job Thompson assigned her.

“You’re not going to send me away so I can do my work?”  Aaron asked, once again trying to sound offended but not being able to mask his smile.

“Nope.  You’re stuck with the same job as me so you don’t have an excuse to leave,” I grinned.

“I feel very unappreciated.”

I patted him on the head.  “How about now?”

He crinkled his nose.  “I feel like a dog.”

“That was the point.”

He looked at me sarcastically.  “Why, thank you.”

I grinned widely before looking back down at my watch.  The grin quickly disappeared.  “You know what, I’m going to find that prince myself.”

“Erm...Kayden?”

“Of course he wouldn’t show up.  This is just like him.  I bet he’s doing this on purpose,” I rambled, still grimacing at my watch.