16 || The Outcast

Grunts and shouts can be heard throughout the gym. The infected growls are desperate to grab one of the students inside the small circle of metal storage.

"D*mn it! They're climbing over!"

"They're climbing over!"

"It won't budge!"

"Push harder! We can do this!"

"Push harder! Harder!"

"It won't move!"

In essence, the plan is a failure. They've only taken a few steps out of the storage room before being stopped by the zombie hordes, who, predictably, begin threatening to climb over the top of the mobile barrier.

Despite the toppling infected, everyone is doing their best to push the barrier towards the back door. It's slow, but they're moving forward; small steps will lead them to their destination.

"Sh*t. I said I'd take responsibility." Ara look at Joon-Yeong's bleeding wounds.

"Where are you going?"

"Hey, wait!"

"Joon-Yeong!"

"Hey! Hey!"

Ara sobs as Joon-Yeong climb over the barrier. Her science partner, her friend. 'No, Joon-Yeong I'm so sorry.'

Doing some recap on this episode, made me cry again)

"Push! Push!" Zombies are biting Joon-Yeong. "Hurry up and push! Go home! Make it home!" His grunts in pain only make Ara sob. "Go home! Make it home!"

"Keep going! Keep going! Keep going! Keep going... I'm sorry!" Joon-Yeong is gone, he fell as the infected block their view on him.

After the painful loss of their friend, they made it on the door.

"The door won't open!"

"F*ck!"

"What are you talking about?"

On-jo and Su-hyeok try to open the door, but it refuses to open. Ara sniffed, attempting to hold the barricade with Nam-Ra. That's when she realized the infected weren't after her or Nam-Ra. They aren't even looking at them. Su-hyeok rushes towards them, assisting in the holding of the barricade. The thumping of the door continues, and the number of infected on the outside grows. Joon-Yeong's reanimated body is now part of the undead.

To their relief, a bright light from the outside shines on them. "Dad..."

"Oh, Dad. You..."