Chapter 3, The Hospital

Tails POV

I rushed in with shadow in my arms, the nurse at the desk looks at me and says "tails?" "yes! it's me tails and I have sonic here with me!" I say back.
"no autographs" I say sternly. "well what's your problem?" the nurse says. I look down at Shadow in my arms and say "Shadow go hurt." "Shadow? never heard that name." the nurse says back to me. But with A nod he grabs shadow from my arms and puts him on A bed, he then put an ice pack on his head and closes the door to the room they went in. "please wait in the other room Mr. Prower" I nod and go to the waiting area.

Nurse POV

I put my fingers under Shadows chin to check his pulse. good, he's alive. He has scars and marks all over him, I put bandages on them then call Mr. Prower back in.

Tails POV

I went to the waiting room and played with my thumbs. Shadow, I liked him, but I couldn't. Shadow wouldn't love me back would he? Sonic was sitting next to me, should I tell him about my crush? no, well not yet at least. I heard the nurse and I smiled the nurse said "Shadow is alright but he did have some cuts on him, don't worry I patched them up." happiness filled my mind and I rushed in to see shadow, He was still asleep. I went next to the bed and put my hand on top of his.

Sonic POV

why was tails holding shadows hand? shadow had nearly killed him, but it wasn't his fault. tails was smiling a big smile and I could see his cheeks were kind of a light pink color. what was going on? did tails know something I didn't? I just shrugged at the thought and sat down in a chair.

Tails POV (2 hours later)

I was getting worried about Shadow, it had been about 2 hours already. then I saw his hand move and I felt hope. he opened his eyes and I was there to greet him, he looked at me and a slight smile formed on his face. I smiled too and blushed a bit.

Shadow POV

Tails was blushing. but at what? me? no. no way. He must have been thinking about cosmo or something, but wasn't cosmo dead? oh well, must be some other girl, but he couldn't be blushing at me, I know I was getting feelings for him but did he have the same feelings for me? I wonder...

Tails POV

could he tell I was blushing? I covered my face and looked away from Shadow, I don't know if I was hallucinating but it looked like Shadow blushed too.