11| Twist and Turns

CHAPTER 11

"You want to see something sick?" Shawn asked his eyes full of excitement. We were just sitting outside this nightclub that he dragged me to. He said that the people here loved to be entertained, obviously. There was a possibility someone would take interest in me and invest. We talked to a couple of shady looking men with gelled hair and cologne extremely strong. I was a little nervous, but Shawn would squeeze my hand and everything would feel okay. Funny how he had that kind of affect on me. That kind of control. "I'm already looking at something sick. Look at your face. Oh god I think i'm going to puke." I started fake gagging before I was laughing uncontrollably.

I looked over at Shawn to see him glaring at me with a hint of a smile at the tip of his lips. He was cute. "Ha. Ha. Lia you're so funny I can't take it. Just stop your killing me I'm laughing too hard." He said monotonously with a blank face. "I'm serious Lia. I've got something to show you."

I wiped my tears and looked at him seriously this time. Shawn and I had grown closer since we first met. He wasn't lying when he said he was going to help me with my stage fright. I had performed at least ten times this past month. Each time I stepped on stage I had froze until I found his eyes urging me to go on. Then I could take my eyes off him and look out into crowd. As along as I knew he was there I was fine.

As long as he was there.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well you'd just have to see when we get there. Come on." He reached his hand out for me to take and we walked to his car.

I watched him drive the way there. He was mysterious and it seemed as if he had a thousand secrets. I don't know much about Shawn. Every time I'd ask about his family, where he came from, or something as simple as the town he lived in he got angry. He tried to brush it off, but I kept pressing for him to tell me. He snapped at me and stormed off. That happened just yesterday. He had woke up this morning as if it never happened. So I let it go.

"Were here."

It was a building. "A building?" I asked confused of why he would want to show me a building.

"Not just any ordinary building, babe. Maybe you should look a little closer."

I dragged my eyes across the building to find in bright bold letters Phoenix Inc. "O-oh my god! Phoenix! It's phoenix! The most famous music industry -"

"In North America. And almost the entirety of the world. Yes."

Wow how could I not notice the biggest music industry of all time?! When it was right in front of me?! The building seemed to gleam seeing as the metallic design and glass that covered it. It gave it a futuristic look. The story behind Phoenix Inc. is truly amazing. It was burned to the ground two times in the past, but every time it burned, it was built on the same grounds again. Hence why the renamed the company after the "Phoenix." A mythical bird that burns and is reborn from it's ashes.

"Come on." Shawn grabbed my hands and started to yank me towards the doors.

"W-whoa Shawn we can't just walk in there! I'm pretty sure the doors are locked I mean it's past midnight!"

He glanced back at me "I've got connections, babe." He said with a wink and continued to drag me to the doors.

When we got to the entrance there was one of those scary looking guards in the movies that's got muscles in their neck. Shawn just told me to wait a few feet away and walked straight up to the guard with confidence. What is he doing?! Oh god. Once that guard jumps him for asking for entrance, he'll be as good as gone. His limbs will be like spaghetti strings and his eyes like two black meatballs. He's going to become into an Italian dish! How am I going to have meal as a manager?! Maybe I could store him in his own to-go bowl and-