Chapter 3

I jump into the dark portal and into a world with 10 obsidian... things rising up from the floor. The bird man was clear now and I could see his blonde hair, green and white bucket hat, and jet black eyes like a crow.

"Why must you come here?" He said, gesturing to the world around us. There was a slight breeze from the east as I sighed.

"I'm here to get the 10 end crystals and seal the dragon," I said, standing straight up.

"Sorry if i'm rude but how are you gonna do that?" He crossed his arms.

"You tell me the whereabouts" I stand up straight and try to be intimidating but all he does is laugh.

"And what do I get?" He says.

"The assurement that your son, Wilbur, is dead" He stops and looks at me blankly with fear. He sighs and sits down on bedrock that has also led back to the overworld.

"But I don't want him to die! I just want to be with him! Like it used to be- like when we were a family-" He buried his head in his hands.

"What happened?" I said out of curiosity. I know that's not what I'm here for but what really happened to this man's family? He sighed and started talking.

"I had a family once. 3 children and my wife. 2 of my children I was connected with by blood and one I adopted, he was like a brother to me almost. The youngest was Tommy, he was always being dared by Wilbur to do crazy things in which one day led to-" He stopped and took a breath.

"His death. He died from falling off a cliff after being dared to glide down. He had wings but they weren't fully developed yet and couldn't bring up his weight. After his death I had two more children left, Wilbur and Techno. You're familiar with Wilbur, he felt so guilty he one day almost went suicidal, I stopped him of cource but if I wasnt there- who would have known what could have happened. Anyways, my oldest, Techno, was adopted by me. It was unknown who his parents were but he was always determined to find them. He never did find them though. The day when Kristen, my wife, died, we all fell to despair. It just so happens that that exact day the ender dragon got loose and I had been a keeper of 3 of the 8 crystals given to people. Immediately, Wilbur ran away with one. He left a note saying it gives immortality and prevents death so that's why he ran away with it. I entrusted Techno with the other and we went our separate ways." He finished, taking a deep breath.

"Wow, that's a lot to let out." I say, looking to the floor. There was an awkward silence until-

"You remind me of him" Philza Minecraft said.

"Of who?" I said, perplexed.

"Tommy. He had the same energy as you. Determined and hot headed yet nice and kind." He sighed.

"I have the whereabouts of most of them but not Wilbur and Bad" He said, giving me a map

"Also, feel free to stop by! It's always good to have the company" He continued gesturing toward the exit. I smiled and nodded and jumped into the portal.