Chapter 16

A/N: Hey all, another chapter for you guys. :) And this chapter dedication is for DreamingOfTheFuture for making my day with her comment. :) But you are all the best and I love all your support you give me. :) Enjoy!

“Are you done?” Kevin asked as he got up, grabbing his empty plate. I nodded my head, smiling at him in thanks as he took my plate to the kitchen and washed it up. I got up and stood next to him, grabbing a dishcloth to dry the dishes. “Did you take your pill today?”

I shook my head, grabbing the plate he offered me. He sighed, giving me a pointed look. “Don’t forget to take it, alright?” I rolled my eyes playfully, but nodded my head. He just chuckled, bumping his hip with me. “Don’t roll your eyes at me. I’m just … looking out for you.” I nodded my head, smiling up at him.

After we finished washing up the dishes, I grabbed the orange container with the pill, shaking it as I showed it to Kevin. He rolled his eyes. “I get it. You can remember to take your pills.”

I nodded my head, taking one out of the container before I popped it into my mouth. Kevin smiled before he left the kitchen. I waited a moment before I spit the pill out and dumped it down the sink, turning the water on to wash my mouth of the awful taste.

Shutting off the tap, I went to the living room, seeing Kevin sitting on the couch, a random movie playing on the television. Taking a seat next to him, I laid my head on his shoulder, the quit rumbling of the television slowly lulling me to sleep.

xXxXxXxXxXx

‘Sally.’

I slowly opened my eyes, black surrounding me. Where am I?

I slowly began walking around, holding my hands out in front of me. But I gasped as my foot stepped into some type of liquid. I quickly backed up, tripping over my feet and fell on my butt.

‘Sally.’

I jumped as I felt something brush against my arm, my heartbeat accelerating as I quickly turned my head. But I couldn’t see anything. Something cold and wet pressed on my cheek, causing me to jump again. Shakily, I reached my hand out, my hand coming in contact with what felt like .. fur?

I hesitantly ran my hand up, trying to make sense of what was next to me. A wolf?

‘Sally. You need to remember. You need to bring light back to this place.’

This voice. It was the same one that told me not to take the pill.

‘Come on Sally. You need to remember. Concentrate.’

“Concentrate on what?” I jumped, hearing my own voice. I raise my hand to my throat. “I can talk?”

‘Sally. You talked here before, remember? You came here and we talked.’

“Here? Where is here?”

‘You broke your connection with me, so there’s no light. You have to remember. As soon as you remember, you can bring light to this place.’

“What am I trying to remember?”

‘Just close your eyes and concentrate. You’ll know what you’re looking for.’ I shut my eyes and did as she said, concentrating on what I do remember.

Kevin inviting me to watch a movie with him and Jake.

Spending time with my mom

Dad and Jake arguing.

I winced, a sharp pain running through my temple as I tried remembering past the dinner. “I … I can’t. It hurts,” I whimpered. I felt the wolf’s head nuzzle me.

‘You got to try. Get past that pain.’

I closed my eyes and tried to remember what happened after the dinner, blurry images flashing through my mind though nothing made sense. I cried out as an even sharper pain ran through my mind.

‘Time’s up. We’ll try again tomorrow.’

My eyes snapped open and I quickly shook my head. “No, wait!” But it was too late.

xXxXxXxXxXx

I sat up, gasping for air as my head throbbed in pain as my hand went straight to my head. Looking around the room, sunlight was just peeking through the curtains and my clock’s red numbers was flashing 6:30. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath to calm my erratic heartbeat before I slipped out of my bed, heading downstairs. Digging through the cabinets, I took out a couple of pain relievers and popped it into my mouth, looking at the orange container on the counter once more, I frowned.

“Hey,” I jumped, turning my head to see an unfamiliar boy in front of me. I nodded my head in greeting, although I couldn’t help but to take a step back from him.

His eyes gleamed in amusement when he noticed this, but didn’t comment on it. Instead he stuck his hand out and sent me a big grin. “I’m Lucas. Kevin told me about you, Sally.” I blinked at him, hesitantly taking his hand to give it a shake. “You hungry? I was about to make myself breakfast.”

I blinked, looking over his toned body and boyish face. He didn’t look like the type of person to know how to cook.

“You just doubted my cooking skills, didn’t you?”

I blushed, quickly shaking my head as he laughed. “It’s okay. Everyone seems surprised I can cook. I’ll make you the best omelet in the world and change your mind,” he said, sending me a wink. I smiled at his goofiness, but agreed with his offer, taking a seat at the dining table as he began rambling to me about anything and everything, not minding that I couldn’t put in my own input or share my own stories.