She's Not Afraid - A Zayn Malik FanFiction

Hey guys! So this is the first chapter to "She's Not Afraid"!! If you have not read my other ongoing fanfiction, "Stuck In Time", you should ;) But please enjoy!!

**************************

Chapter 1

(Leilani's POV)

"It's going to be okay, sweetie. The first day is always the hardest, but you'll come home feeling better, you'll see," my mother spoke to me soothingly. I nodded swiftly, and grabbed my bag from beside the door. "Just please at least try to make friends this year."

"I will, mum, I promise," I lied. There is no way I'm going to walk up to anyone. It's just not going to happen. I've just recently moved from London to Bradford. Apparently, my parents want us to move to a more secluded area, instead of the big city. I honestly don't agree. London was lovely. Even if I didn't have any friends there.

It was kind of sad. I've spent my entire life distancing myself from people in fear of rejection. I don't even know why. But, it's my second to last year before I go to a university, so I might as well try to make it a good last two years. So, I guess in reality, I wasn't lying at all. I stepped out into a warm, sunny day. I walked down our front path in shorts and a t-shirt. I noticed a boy walking down the sidewalk. He was too attractive for words. He had dark hair, and dark mysterious eyes. He turned to me, and smiled. But it wasn't a friendly smile at all. Suddenly, he stopped walking.

"Are you going to the college?" he asked me. I nodded slowly, trying to avoid eye contact. "What year are you?"

"12," I replied quietly. He nodded.

"Me, too," he smirked at me, "Want me to walk with you?"

I didn't reply, but we walked together anyways.

"What's your name?"

"Leilani."

"Beautiful name. My name's Zayn."

"That's cool."

I was trying hard not to have an awkward conversation with him, but it was hard. He towered over me. He was almost an entire foot taller than me. I'm about 4'11 only. He was at least 5'10.

"Have you gotten your schedule?" he asked me.

"Uh, yeah. I got it last week."

"Can I see?"

"Uh, sure."

I handed him my schedule, and he quickly skimmed his eyes over it.

"We have 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 6th blocks together."

"Oh."

"Are you upset about having me in your classes?"

"No."

"Then, why aren't you talking much?"

"I don't know."

Zayn suddenly stopped, and grabbed both of my shoulders.

"Well, you know what, stop," he growled at me. All of a sudden, he didn't seem so friendly. I gulped quickly, and pulled away from him. I walked as quickly as I could away from him. I was scared now. Too scared. He frightened me so much. I heard him yell behind me, but I refused to listen. I just kept walking. Soon enough, I was at the front doors of the college. I took a deep breath, and walked in. Just like my old school, everyone towered over me.

"Excuse me, but where is room 238?" I asked a nearby professor.

"That room is at the end of a hall that will be on your right at the end of this main hallway," the professor explained. I thanked her, and walked exactly where she told me to go. Sure enough, there it was. Room 238. I walked in, and Zayn wasn't there. I took a seat towards the back, and pulled out my new binder. The bell rang, and the teacher introduced himself. His name was Mr. Jones. He was very nice.

Almost 10 minutes after the bell rang, Zayn walked in, and his gaze fixed on mine. He sent me a smile, but I just looked away. I knew he didn't mean that smile. He was scary and dangerous, and there was no way I was ever going to talk to him again.

"You're late, Mr. Malik," Mr. Jones scolded him. Zayn just rolled his eyes, and took a seat right next to me. I just tried to avoid his gaze. But, then I got curious.

"How does the professor already know your name?" I asked him.

"I took this class last year," Zayn replied nonchalantly, as if it was no big deal.

"So, you're really supposed to be in year 13?" I asked him, shocked at the fact that he had failed an entire year.

"Yeah," Zayn replied. I put my finger to my lips. It wasn't that he talked loudly, it was just that the rest of the room was quiet, and I was sure people could hear him. He just chuckled, and sat there. He didn't even take out his books. I was so surprised. I am very dedicated to my studies. Always. And he just treated it as if it was no big deal. Maybe there was more to Zayn Malik than I thought.

***************

Hey, guys! So how do you like the fanfiction so far? Good? Vote, Comment, Share, etc.

Love,

~B~xx