- Part 6 -

"Naruto...?"

-

Minato smiles brightly at Sakura, completely misunderstanding her, "Eh? You mean the ramen topping? Yes of course! I would never forget to add narutomaki to mine especially! I hope you like them too, Hatake-san!"

Realizing she has spoken the name she hold dear to her heart out loud, almost stutters her reply to the future yondaime, "Ah sorry, Namikaze-san! I was just thinking about going to Ichiraku's for dinner after Kakashi finishes his bath! Thank you for bringing dinner to us, to what do we owe the pleasure?" She ushers the blonde to come inside and takes him to the dining table, where she immediately went behind the kitchen cupboard to find the utensils needed.

"You can call me Minato, Hatake-san, we're the same rank, and are about the same age, right? Formalities are not my forte, you see." Minato rubs behind his neck, and sets down the bags on the table.

Sakura follows him to the dinner table and calls out to Kakashi on the way, she briefly smiles to Minato and replies to him, "Then call me Sakura, Minato-san. You are older than me, right? Just call me by my given name. Thank you for bringing dinner to us, we were planning to get something to eat later."

"Ah yes, maybe a little older, Sakura-san. I hope you're getting along with Kakashi well, he's not very sociable, as you may have noticed. I myself never heard about you before you came in today." Sakura notes that Minato effortlessly finds all the utensils needed for the ramen, making her wonder to herself, wasn't Minato the one who took care of Kakashi after his father died? No wonder he knew where everything's at. His hair looks so soft and fluff- wAIT WHAT!

"Yeah, I just found father's notes earlier, Minato-sensei. It turns out that he left a letter about onee-san just before he... you know..." A new voice can suddenly be heard to the two jounin, making them jump a bit. The owner of the voice, Kakashi, is currently towel drying his hair while walking towards the table, noting that his sensei has indeed, bought Ichiraku Ramen with him. 

"Oh Kakashi-kun! I see, so Sakumo-san left you a letter has he? Well, I brought dinner for you, consider this a small welcoming home party for Sakura-san. Come, sit, Kakashi!" Minato waves his hand to Kakashi, signaling him to come sit at the dinner table so they can start eating their dinner. 

He abides his sensei's command and sat next to his future student turns his big sister and looks at his ramen, a sense of nostalgia of breathing the thick ramen broth and the color of the ramen itself, for both he and Sakura were stuck in a war, in case it has been forgotten, before they were thrown back to the past, so this would be their first actual dinner after all that stress. 

"So, Sakura-san, where have you been for the past... um, eleven years?" Minato sets both of his hand on the table after pushing the ramen bowl towards her.

As the smell of Ichiraku ramen coats the room, Sakura looks at Kakashi and smiles before she answers the blonde, "Ah, here and there, mostly, Minato-san. Tsunade-shishou likes to travel around and I keep pestering her about teaching me her techniques. I know she'd drown herself in cheap booze and gambling around anything she owns if she can." She shares a look with Kakashi and unanimously decided that they have to somehow get Tsunade in on their plan soon.

"It's not that exciting, really, except for encountering missing nin sometimes. Let's eat before the noodles get soggy!" Sakura breaks her chopsticks and mutters her thanks to Minato again. Muttering itadakimasu, Kakashi slips his finger to his mask and pulled it down unceremoniously. Grabbing his chopsticks and slowly devouring his food. 

Sakura and Minato, who hasn't started eating yet, have their mouth open at the sight of the silver haired boy. Both clearly hasn't seen Kakashi's face before. Sakura examines the face before her and thought about all the times team seven has tried to get that stupid mask off of Kakashi's face. Clearly, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the face. No scars, no discoloration, well there's a small beauty mark that is located on the left side of his chin, and even that is evenly spaced between the edge of his mouth and his jaw. She dropped her chopsticks and slammed her hand on the table, making the two male jump as she points her finger at her brother and screeches, "YOU!!! WHY ARE YOU EVEN WEARING THAT MASK!?" 

Kakashi can feel the back of his neck sweating at her question and belatedly realize that this is the first time she sees his face. "W-what are you talking about, Sakura-chan?" He cursed himself for unconsciously using his old petname for his favorite student. "Obviously it's to hide my identity from the enemy! I mean, if you can fool your allies then you can fool your enemies, right?" He scrambles to answer the question, not noticing that it's making the pinkette even more furious.

"THEN SHAVE YOUR HEAD BALD AS WELL, STUPID!!" Sakura grabs the offending mask that is now pooling around Kakashi's neck. Her face is starting to redden from anger and the sudden urge to slap the mask back on to his face and glue it there forever. 

"M-maa, maa, Sakura-san, I think Kakashi is turning blue-" Minato stands up from his chair and tries to calm her down. Sakura, after finally seeing Kakashi's face literally turn slightly blue, slowly releases her grip on his clothes and sits down primly, making Minato sit back down while still eyeing at the pinkette warily. There is something about the sole female in the room that is making Minato intrigued, and he didn't think it's about her sudden outrage a while ago. 

Kakashi, after fixing his clothes and grabbing on his chopsticks again, stared at his blonde haired sensei and managed to notice the look that he's giving Sakura, and no, Kakashi's not liking that look. The dumb almost starstruck look that his sensei usually gives Kushina. Oh no.

-

After dinner, Minato offers to clean up the dishes before he leaves, in which Sakura denies his help vehemently, because you already bought us dinner, we can't make you clean up too! So, Minato leaves the Hatake siblings after bidding them good night. After they finish cleaning up the dining room, both Kakashi and Sakura agrees to sleep in the same room. Clearly the two of them are still uncomfortable leaving each other's side after being brought here directly after the war. 

While preparing their bedsheets, Sakura summons Katsuyu and gave her details on how they wanted to tell Tsunade about their condition. Kakashi provides several details that would ultimately makes Tsunade believes them. Katsuyu herself promises both time travelers that she would do anything in her power to get Tsunade up to speed with the information and believe their story, being one of the three great summons vouch for them will definitely helps their case. Katsuyu bids them good night as she reverse summons herself to her other summoner, promising the siblings that she will return in the morning.

Yasu finds himself comfortable on Sakura's bedsheet, already fast asleep and leaves little room for Sakura herself to use the bed. "This is why my main summon is a cute little pug. That's what you get for having a big summon, Sakura-chan." Kakashi teases Sakura on her big, okay, huge wolf as her summoning.

Sakura didn't miss a beat when she retaliates, "You should get used to calling me Sakura-nee, otoutou, or Yasu might find himself in your bed instead." 

Kakashi grumbles to himself and actually practices attaching the suffix to her name a few times. Afterwards, he pulls his bed closer to Sakura's and asks her if she wanted to share the space. She grins at her brother and accepts. 

This is how Kakashi wakes up in the morning, finding himself being spooned by Sakura, who in turn is being spooned by her new summon.