Chapter45: Know where you stand

Saturday morning came in bright clear sky with a soft wind for today's game day and I was surprisingly feeling very excited and energetic. Besides facing another team that's known to be the toughest, I was looking forward to how the team's gonna be played today.
And if they really taken in what me and the girls have taught them yesterday at training with them.

Having my old team at training was exactly what I needed yesterday. To feel like I'm on levelled ground, that I wasn't so alone and needed to hide my skills and tactics away, because a huge group of boys have their butts handed to them by a little girl.

The girls and I have helped them improve on a lot of things that was lacking from the team which I saw when we were playing the friendly game.
Regardless that we've beaten them with many goals, they have really done well yesterday and for this match, they'll do even better.

I was very nervous about having the Head Coach of Golden Angels soccer girls come watch me play today. This match will decide wither I'm suitable for their team or not.
When I'm playing on the field later, I'm gonna be watched for ninety minutes where I have to perform at my best, have to be way far on top of my own game.

With that thought in mind, I woke up way earlier than I would hope, training on the hickey field after jogging more than an hour and a half. My nerves felt like a ball of paper that was crashed and straighten out over and over again, leaving it into a huge mess.
Not wanting to tell anyone about this whole Golden Angels thing, wanting only Ryan to know about it and not feel even more nervous than I do already.

Luckily none of my family could make it for today's game which I'm grateful for in a way. Loving their sweet, encouraging messages for the game even more.
The match would have started at nine o'clock, but was moved to one thirty hopefully due to the Blue Shark's bus breaking down.

So happy that we got a few hours of peace to calm ourselves down, mostly myself before we finally play. I was with the gang in Franklin's dorm room for the first time, besides Kevin, Janelle and Daytona who has been here more than most of us.

His room was almost similar than David and Ryan's, expect it doesn't have its own bathroom and there's two bookshelves built into the wall above his roommate's bed.

Most of us found a place to sit on the floor while Janelle and Daytona took their seats on the roommate's bed. While chatting to each other, most of us were on our phones and others were watching Kevin and Frankie beating each other in a video game that Johnny and Andy would play back home whenever they're together.

While I was sitting on the floor with my back leaning against Frankie's bed, having Penny lying her head in my lap as I ran my fingers through her hair, being lost in thought. Thousands and thousands of them were running and flying through my mind like shooting stars, never stopping, never slowing down.

I was thinking about my time being in Knights' team, how short it has been and will it be like if I join Golden Angels' team after today's game. The training where I don't feel like I'm seen as equal.
When playing a game where most of the guys for the last couple of days, they tolerate playing with me until the last minute.

According to Ryan, I'm an influence to the team, that the players have started pushing themselves to be better on the field, including David. But I'm also seen as some golden star who stealing everyone's shine and the team's spotlight itself.

Personally I haven't felt like I'm part of the team since the first game I've played with them. And I don't think that I'll ever be seen or felt like there is a place for me.
Won't feel like I'm part of the team besides the fact that I have a couple of friends and can play as good as everyone else.