Chapter 5:3

Dart

It was the middle of the night. I had left the apartment with Pouncer asleep. I didn't want him to be concerned with this, it was just a special goodbye. That day had been amazing! My heart wouldn't stop pounding! I mean, I had what I had always wanted: a real body to call my own. But I think it was a lot of other stuff, too: coming home, the party, the new apartment, Pouncer.

I guess it only hit me then how attractive he had become. That's probably why I had kissed him so suddenly. I'll fully admit, it was fantastic and I could tell living with him would be a great thing for me. But, before I could accept any of that, I had to see Tuxedo first. I hate to say that I was expecting some sort of permission from him because I wasn't. I guess I just really wanted to talk to him after all this.

I came up to his door, now his singular. I was about to knock but somehow just felt it more appropriate to sneak in. I crept in quietly. All my stuff had already been moved out. I didn't own too much, so it really wasn't much of a hassle. It was dark in the appartment. I started getting a little nostalgic, even though it had only been a few days. I snuck into the second room where Tuxedo was peacefully sleeping and did the only logical thing.

I pounced on him, startling him awake, "WAAAH" he yelped. I chuckled a little, feeling a slight tingle of revenge being exacted, "Dart? What are you doing her?"

I settled onto his bed, growing a bit more somber, "I just... really wanted to talk to you."

Tuxedo sat up groggily but was still attentive, "About what? Are you nervous about moving out? Hey, I'll be right here if you need me, ok?" His voice was shaky. I could tell he still wasn't used to seeing me like this.

I smiled, "Thanks for that, but I guess I just wanted to talk about... well, this." I addressed myself.

"... Yeah. I still can't belief this is you now. You look... so different."

"I'll choose to take that as a complement."

"Heh heh"

"Any word about the warlords?" I was legitamently curious. After leading an army against them, you can imagine my scepticism over them.

Tuxedo shifted his gaze slightly, "No sign of them. No bodies were discovered. They're probably still around somewhere, but I doubt they'll try anything after the hell you showed them."

He punched my arm playfully and I chuckled, "I'll admit, being commander for a day was pretty great, but I think I'll leave it to the professionals from now on. My blood pressure has never been higher."

"Al will let you keep that stone, right?"

"I think so. After all that's happened, I can't imagine anyone trying to take it away. And, even if they do, I can just super Power of Speech deafen them."

We both laughed. It was nice, just the two of us again. It was probably the nicest time I ever had with my brother. Nothing in the way. No boundaries. On level ground together. I curled close to him.

"How about Stormheart? Chameleon told me she has their alpha hostage." I asked.

Tuxedo shook his head, "No idea. She's vanished from the map, too."

"I see..."

"What are you going to do now?"

That question took me by surprise, but, unlike before, I answered it firmly, "Start living my life."

"And, you'll do that how?"

I paused for a moment, taking the sapphire stone out of my chest pocket where I had stashed it, "I want to use these powers to benefit others, for as long as I have them. Be the best that I can be. And, when Deliram chooses the next three to take these stones, I'll be ready to pass this power on to them. That's what we'll all do. We'll use our strength to make dreams come true. Even Ruffrunner, hopefully."

"That's quite a lot for a little thing like you." He teased.

I punched his side playfully, "I think I can handle it. Afterall, I've always been able to do this. I just never tried..."

"Wow. That sounds really mature coming from you."

"Well, I'm an adult for gods' sake! I can talk like one, can't I?"

We laughed for a while longer, enjoyed each others' presence. We probably got into reminiscing about the past until I eventually left. I walked down the hall, gazing down whistfully at my stride. As I went back home, to my new home, I began whispering to myself, "I'll help make dreams come true... I'll help give them all strength just like mine... Because, ultimately, we all have the power to listen, see, and speak, sometimes we just don't know it. So, I'll help them draw it out, and make this world a better place. I'll help them make dreams come true."