>we can't<

"Hush little baby, drink your spoiled milk""I'm fucking crazy, need my prescription filled"

"I'm fucking crazy, need my prescription filled"

"Please?" Wen begged William. We had just asked William about helping him out with some kind of work. Wen was still in crutches, but she was back at work, working the prize counter as it didn't include much movement.

"You can't help. Your leg is broken" William responded gumpily, sorting through some paperwork at his desk.

"What about Ethan then?" Wen asked, desperate for the money.

"Yeah. I've already done everything I can to make money, I've helped Henry with a bunch of extra stuff, I've started a gofundme for Wen, and even found someone's lost cat, but we still don't have enough so this is the last resort" I explained to William.

"Have you made an only fans?" Wen asked, making me give her a look.

"...yes..."

"Well, since you really have done everything, I can arrange something for you to do, since I could use some extra help."

"Thank you William!" Wen and I thanked him, I gave him a hug in appreciation. William tensed at the gesture.

"Meet me in my office when we close. I'll go over the details then."

"Thanks again!" Wen thanked, I smiled as well as a gross feeling settled into my stomach.

"What is he gonna make me do?"

~~~

"Hey William, you in there?" I asked, knocking on the door to his office.

"Come in" William spoke. I entered and saw him fiddling with a purple butterfly knife.

"Woah, you have that knife?" I asked, admiring the metal shining in the light.

"I thought you might need something for the little job you're helping me with" William explained with a smirk, his voice low and rough. A rush went through my body as I made eye-contact with William. He handed the butterfly knife to me, keeping his eyes on mine.

"I always had some kind of fascination with knives, they just look really pretty... is that odd?" I questioned, playing with the purple blade.

"Everything in this world is odd, love. Some just embrace it more than others."

I hummed in response, my eyes flicking between the knife and William.

"The help I need from you... I need you to silence someone dear to me. She knows too much" William spoke causing me to stop fiddling with the knife.

"William I can't... kill... anyone, that's wrong, even if they're a bad person."

"You seemed okay with the idea of killing me the other day."

"William..."

"If it helps your mind calm down, she's been cheating on me for years."

"Just like him"

"Oh.."

"Let me rephrase this... I need you to kill my wife."