>fresh start<

"Baby don't you cry""Sex

"Sex. Money. Feelings. Die."

Ethan's POV

I took a deep breath of fresh air as I left the taxi. It was nice to be somewhere new. I had spent all my life living with my parents, and well, I was 22.

It was nice to have a change.

"I've missed you so much" I heard a voice say from the door of the house.

"It's been long, hasn't it?" I spoke as I was engulfed in a hug from my old friend, Wendy.

"I have sooooo much to tell you" I guess it had been a while. We hadn't seen each other in person since 10th grade, before she moved countries, from Canada to the US, a few cities away from where the rest of her family lived.

"As much as I'd love to hear it, I'm exhausted from the plane ride here. There was some kid screaming the whole time" I groaned, rubbing my head in pain as Wendy pulled away from the hug.

"No problem, I'll help you with your- where's the rest of your stuff?" Wednesday pointed to my singular bag that was over my shoulder.

"Um, I'm kinda broke... I dropped out of Uni so...."

"But you didn't bring like clothes or anything?"

"I brought the essentials... some clothes, my cat plushie, a toothbrush, my headphones, my ds.... my vape..."

"Bro, you brought a vape but not your damn phone? No wonder you didn't pick up."

"...maybe..."

"Well it's not like you can go back," Wendy laughed as we walked into the house, "Well roommate, you'll have to get a job then."

"Yeah, I know. I was planning to anyways. How else would I pay rent, dumbass?"

"Rude. Maybe I'll hide spiders in your bed."

"Then you can say bye bye to the house cause I'm killing that shit with fire."

"I missed you, Ethan."

"I missed you too, Wen."

~~~

A week or so passed, consisting of Wendy showing me around town, helping me get more comfortable as this was my new home.

Soon, Monday arrived yet again, meaning Wen would have to go back to work. She worked at some sketchy looking pizzeria that she supposedly had an attachment to before she moved to Canada.. besides, she only lived in Canada for a couple years.