Prologue

Dahlia Jackson was a witch born of a muggle family. She had Havana Brown hair down to her shoulder blades, shining Green eyes, and smooth Honey skin with a sarcastic but chill personality.

She was an only child but was very close to her neighbour Jay. Jay was a year older and a wizard too, just like the rest of his family.

Dahlia also had an unusual secret that only her brotherly figure knew about:

She could change shape. Not as in turn into a square or lampshade but turn into an animal. A lioness to be more specific. Once when she was 7, Dahlia and Jay were arguing and the more heated the argument the more defensiveness Dahlia felt bubble away inside and she ended up transforming and trying to attack him. Before she ended up seriously hurting Jay, she felt a tugging feeling inside telling her to stop. That's when she turned back and found Jay with a couple of scratches across the arm he used to protect himself.

The scary part though? She didn't know how or why.

Only her brother knew about it... she made him promise not to tell anyone. She knew it wasn't a good thing and was afraid they would fear her for having the ability to change form, especially such a brutal one.

The changes got more and more violent every time she got defensive, but luckily that wasn't too often. Sometimes it even made her fear herself.

Perhaps one day she would understand the meaning behind what she was. But for now, it was her little secret...