Take Me Home, Country Roads

(YN)'s P.O.V

I speed-walked through the hotel lobby and took the elevator to my room. First base with Kate, let's go! My phone rang as soon as I stepped in. Kate was calling my HomeRun number. " Hey Kate, Clint get the suit for me yet? " I asked. " Clint's in trouble, Kate said. " I'm on my way to him and could use some backup. " And how is that our problem? Shouldn't he be able to escape? I asked. " I guess but he still needs our help! " Kate argued. " Eh, call me right before you go in and see if you need help. " I reasoned. " Fine. " She said before hanging up.

I took a quick shower and rested until Kate called me around an hour later. " I'm at some abandoned store. " Kate said. " Do you have a visual on Clint? " I asked. " Yeah, I'm on the roof. He's tied to a chair and oh crap, aaaahhh! " Kate said before the call abruptly ended. I heard crashing noises before it did. " Goddammit, Kate. " I muttered. I quickly changed into my HomeRun wear before grappling out through the window. This time I brought my real crossbow and quiver.

Wherever this store is was hours away. After rooftop running for a bit over two hours, I tracked Kate's phone to an abandoned and boarded-up store. I watched as multiple cars and vans went back and forth, all being driven by Tracksuit grunts. Ok, how should I proceed? Arrows blazing? Nope, not being paid. My best option would be to go in and negotiate with them. Should be easy considering I have the code. I grappled to the roof at first to see what I dealing with, finding the hole Kate made when she apparently fell. I looked down and saw Kate and Clint. The two of them were tied to kiddle rides. I picked up a pebble and dropped it onto Kate's head. She looked up and saw me. I put a finger against my neck gaiter in a shushing motion and waved at her with my other hand. I grappled down and knocked on the door.

A Tracksuit opened the door and poked his head out. " The hell are you? " He asked. " HomeRun, Im an assassin. Can I please talk to your boss? " I asked politely. " Bro, why would I do that? " He argued. " Well, can you at least do this for me? Tell your boss that I'm running late. He may wanna pin it on my schedule. Those exact words please? I asked. The Tracksuit grunted then slammed the door. Two minutes later, the guy opened the door for me. " Welcome in, bro. " He said. " Thank you. " I said then walked. They had put some coins in the machine and now had them rocking back and forth. " You like your pony, Hawkeye? " One of them mocked. " Just keep going, and going, and going. I love it. " The bigger one laughed. " Love it, bro. Look at Hawkey! " The second one continued.

" Pew, pew. " Another jabbed. " Big, strong Hawkeye riding prony. " The bigger one joked. " They should smile more. This is fun for us too, you know. " The bigger one said. " They really should. " I butted in. The bigger one looked to me and shot up from his chair, pistol drawn and pointed at my face. " Why is he here? " He asked angrily. " This podonok put three of us in the hospital! "

I raised my hands a bit. " I'm sorry but they got in the way of my job. Did I kill any of them? No. I only kill when there's money behind it. " I reasoned. " Bro put the gun down. He told me to say some code phrase to the boss. He's a friend. " The one who let me in explained. " Ah okay, sorry bro. No hard feelings? " The big one asked putting his pistol away and, offering his fist. " None taken bud. " I said while fist-bumping him. " Can I have some quarters and some alone time with them? " The big one nodded and motioned for the other two to join him. " Come one, Dimitri. Let's play cards. " He said. The Tracksuit who opened to door put two quarters in my hand. " Great. " Kate said dryly. " Yes, again HomeRun. " Clint said sarcastically and with a fake smile. I inserted the quarters and stepped back. " Just act casual. I'll negotiate our way out. " I affirmed.

" Was the extra ride really necessary? " Kate asked as she rocked back and forth, breathing deeply in between. " For him? No. You, definitely. " I said suavely, admiring her figure. " I hate you. " Kate stated blankly. " Sure, tell yourself that. " I said. Funny coming from the same girl who just made out with me.