Chapter Twenty Four

A few months into our relationship, we already hit some rough patches. It wasn't actually due to a problem between the two of us, it was more of a single person causing trouble. No, it wasn't Jake. Within the few months, Jake had become more accepting. Over the time, he came around visiting more often and we started spending more time together. At one point, we all went on a double date. The first part of it was really awkward but as the evening went on, everything became more relaxed and at ease.

Anyway, back to that rough patch. I never expected her to come back or even find us! But somehow, she did. Alison, she was back and wanting Damian. I don't get this woman. She kept trying to get him but it was clear that he didn't want her. I'm glad he didn't because I was falling in love with him big time. She came around knocking on the door and at the time, Damian and I were out. Since my leg had been better, we decided to spend more time out of the house when we could. Damian managed to get a job close by so that he could pay for staying with my parents.

My parents had let Alison in because she claimed that she was a very good friend of Damian's. My dad was wary of Alison but my mum insisted that they invited her in. You could imagine mine and Damian's reaction when we saw Alison sitting on the couch eating cookies and chatting to my parents. Damian almost lost it but I put my hand on his arm, calming him down.

"What are you doing here?" he calmly asked her. We were holding hands by now and I could see the glare burning a hole through my head. She really hated me and the look in her eyes was not one I loved. In fact, I hated it.

"Baby, I came to see you. I can't believe you moved and didn't tell me," she said with a pout. My mum's eyes widened and my dad's jaw dropped. The expression on his face told me he was very surprised as well as livid. Oh no.

"Dad, don't be mad!" I quickly tell him. It didn't work. He stormed up to Damian and grabbed him by the collar.

"You're dating another girl whilst dating my daughter?" Dad was almost ready to punch him. His fist was close to Damian's face and I could see that Damian was actually quite frightened. I don't blame him though. Damian had been living with my parents and dating me for a few months. My parents would see this as Damian sponging off of them and abusing their trust.

"It's not like that, dad!" I tried to get my dad off of Damian but my dad was a really strong man. "She's crazy," I tell him, "like really crazy. Please, let Damian go and we can explain things to you. Please, dad, don't hurt him." I was worried because I didn't want Damian to get hurt by another one of my family members. He hesitated for a few moments before letting Damian go. Damian let out a sigh of relief and I instantly grabbed his hand. "Alison, excuse us for a moment." I led my parents upstairs and we went into my room.

"Look Mr and Mrs S, she's no one to me. She not a girlfriend or anything. You see, before I met Kylie I had slept with Alison. I slept with her months before I met Kylie. Alison is the type of girl who you should not have a one night stand with. Long story short, she won't leave me alone. Every chance she gets she tries to, well, seduce me. I don't want her to and I don't even want her in my life. I have Kylie and she's all I want." My dad had definitely calmed down by now and he actually looked understanding. Has this happened to him? My mum was calm too. She was appalled from what Damian had said and fretted how she let a lunatic into the house. I almost cried out with laughter but this was a serious moment.

"So, she's not your girlfriend?" Damian shook his head at my dad and he smiled in relief. "Let's get this crazy woman out of our house, yeah?" I loved how my parents were very understanding. That's another reason out of a million of why I loved them. They believed me, and Damian in this case, and didn't question it. They trusted us both and I loved it. I have great parents and I really appreciate and love them to bits. When we were downstairs, Alison ran up to Damian and tried to kiss him. He gently pushed her away and grimaced in disgust. I felt really bad for him for having to go through this. I was just lucky that Toby never became like this.