𝗏𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝖻𝗎𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗈𝗐

"What are we watching?" Carmen asked as she entered the living room, it had been raining all day as the day before, and funny enough she was still here after rue never came to pick her up once again-she plopped down next to the spot where Ashtray and Faye had been sitting, his arm laid on the back of the couch "the best movie ever!" Fayes' head found the girl's shoulder.

She had still been wearing the teen boys clothes due to hers being cropped or not able to warm her properly-her hair was pushed on back on her shoulders, messy because she had just woken up "what's it called Faye?" she re-illiterate her question; smiling at ash after she realized he was staring at her "uh, I don't know it's the best movie ever though" the blonde answered, fez came out the kitchen and handed her a plate.

"um, what's this?" Carmen let out a nervous laugh, looking at the longer bread on her plate, ash's eyes widened "it's a toaster strudel, how do you not know what that is?" he turned to her, watching as she shrugged.

"you can have it, I don't wanna waste it" she continued to smile-trying to hand him the plate but Ashtray kept pushing it back towards her "I'll take half, you eat the other half" he insisted, Carmen nodded as he held the other end, pulling it apart.

"If this is nasty I'm gonna draw a penis on your face while you sleep" she spoke low enough so only he could hear "that's...fair" Ashtray shook his head in agreement, Carmen took a bite of the warmed piece of bread, it was basically a breadstick minus the garlic; the toaster strudel wasn't that bad, the inside was filled with cream that tasted like cinnamon.

"Is this a cinnamon stick?" Carmen asked; feeling her phone buzz in the pocket of the sweats given to her out of ashs' room "no, it's a strudel, do you like it?" he asked, anxiously waiting for an answer from the girl laying on his arm; It was messages from Leslie, apparently she hadn't seen rue.

"Shit, shit, I have to go" Carmen stood up, her main priority was to find rue, sober her up then the two would go home. She ran towards the front door where her shoes sat "Carmen where are you going?" Fez asked, Faye following her body movements along with Ashtray.

"To find rue, I'm worried" she slipped her shoes on as if she had the power to go out alone at night; Ashtray and fez exchanged looks and the bald man nodded "let me go with you, it's not safe and four eyes are better then two" ash walked behind her, putting his shoes on.

"It's fine, I'll come back" she stood up, grabbing her cropped white jacket and zipping it up. She pulled out her phone and responded to Leslie saying they'd be home soon, hopefully, it was true "I'm going with you, you don't have an option let's go" he opened the door, pulling her out by the girl's hand.

-----

The two walked down the street while it was lightly drizzling, nothing had been said but Carmen was worried about her older cousin, sure she tended to be unreliable but rue would never just leave her and not say anything and she hasn't spoken to her mother "remember when you said you hated me?" she spoke.

"I never said that I said you were annoying and you still are" He looked at his feet as he continued to walk, Carmen awkwardly laughed "where are we going anyways?" he asked.

"One of her friends' house, if she isn't here he has to know where she is," Carmen said, putting her hands in the pockets of her sweats "and you're okay with this? being her guardian I mean" Ash asked, looking over at her.

"In the few months I've been here she's showed nothing but love to me so the least I can do is help her while she's at a low" Carmen stopped walking as the two reached the house, she waited for a few before trying to walk away, he grabbed her hand, stopping her "this isn't your job carmen" he mumbled.

She overthought what he said before yanking her arm away and walking towards the front door, banging on continuously but no one answered-Carmen looked back watching ashtray shrug "okay fine, let's play" the brunette girl ran around the side of the house.

"Where are you going!" Ash yelled after the girl, soon after following behind her as she ran towards the back, Carmen began to bang on the window to the boys' room "I know you're fucking home Elliot open the door!" she continued to bang.

"If you don't open the mother fucking door I will bust every window out I swear to god!" Carmen walked back, looking for a rock in the grass. Ashtray came around the corner, trying to hold her back "put the rock down carmen! this isn't how you're gonna find her" he protested.

"Fuck! god" her eyes teared up, she dropped the rock and vastly walked away from the window, rue could be anywhere and Leslie expected the two teen girls to be home in less than an hour, her head spiraled it was all she could think about, grabbing another rock she quickly threw it into one of the cars parked in his driveway "I know you hear this alarm you fucker!"

after it continued to go off she paused, stopping in her tracks "oh shit" Ashtray mumbled, Carmen's eyes widened, what if he actually wasn't home.

authors note
- - - - - - -
I kinda love this idk 😃
I posted a fez book so you should
go check it out because if no one
interacts with it i'm gonna delete it so

next update-maybe sunday, or a flash
back chapter soon that parallels this

thank u for reading