Chapter 10: You?

Elijah' P.O.V.

Eli! Paucia called me when I entered the building. She catches her breath after running towards me.

Paucia what's the rush? I asked her because she still catches her breath.

You have to go now to the conference room. She said and tap my shoulder.

What? Why? I asked her again because I am confused and at the same time I know we don't have any meeting today.

Sorry this is rushed. Madam ordered me to tell you that you will meet her competitor on her behalf, the Theums Global Ltd. She explained and my eyes wide open about what she said.

From ma'am Hazel? Why? I mean, there's a lot of people who are more capable of doing this than me. I responded and looked her into her eyes.

You are a Marketing Director for fox’ sake, Eli. Do you think a random director in our company can handle it? Of course, they can't. That's why madam said that. She explained and put her hands on her hips.

But– Before I explain more, Paucia pulled my hand to go to the conference room.

No more buts, Eli. She said while we were outside the conference room.

Are they here already? I asked her again out of shock because I am not prepared. Ugh…

Yes, and sorry again, Eli. She said, and apologize again. I was going to enter when Paucia hold me in my shoulder.

What now Pau? I said, trying to relax as much as I can, but this girl really give me more nervous.

Before I forgot, madam said that you have to get the information from them and what is their intentions for going here. She explained, and I nodded as a response to what she said.

And when I entered the conference room, I saw a man sitting at the other chair. I took a deep breath before raising my head.

Sorry, I'm late. How long- I didn't finish on what do I want to say because I was stunned, not because of his handsomeness or something.

You?? All I can say after a minute of silence. I don't know why, but I feel uncomfortable now because of his gaze.

Tristan' P.O.V.

I was inside the conference room because I am waiting for their CEO to come. But instead of her entering the room, I saw a familiar face.

Sorry, I'm late. How long– She didn't continue what she was going to say because she stunned, I guess? However, she is not the only one who is shocked on what happened, but also me.

You?? She said again, but still didn't move from where she stands. I'm aware that she is working here because I drive her here, but I didn't expect that she is the person I have an appointment with.

Hello, I like to properly introduce myself. My Name is Tan Colly and I worked at Theums Global Ltd. I said and walk towards her and offer my hand for a handshake.

I'm sorry. Hello, I am Elijah Sanchez, Eli for short. I am the one who sent here to do business with you. Our CEO is busy, that's why she sent me here. She explained and shake my hands.

Sent by her. Huh, is this really a big problem that she can't even come here by herself and talk to me, than this beautiful woman in front of me? I mumbled to myself. Then I think I have to investigate her too. Who knows, she is part of an organization or a spy.

Mr. Tan, have a seat. She said, and we sat, facing each other.

Let's start. She said and smiled. I don't know why, but I think she looks like someone.

What business do you have here, and you want to come to our company? She stated while holding a pen in her right hand.

We were here for an investment. I said and give the file that Kait and I prepared in case Hazel doubt us but since she is the one who showed I still give the file.

Hmm, let's get back to you after a week. Our CEO needs to see this first before signing any documents. Is this why you set an appointment to us? She said and closed the file and put it to her bag. Wait, why is she doubting me? Is the file not enough to believe on why I was here?

What do you mean by that, Ms. Eli? Out of curiosity, I asked her about it, hoping I get some answer.

Nothing. Do you have anything you wanted to say? She said and put both of her hands under her chin and smiled.

Uh– None. I stuttered a bit. F*ck self! Don't let her see your real intentions.

Then, if you have nothing to say, nice meeting you and have a safe drive. She said and we shake each other's hand.

Thank you for your time. I responded and she nodded and left the room.

You really are something, Eli. I mumbled and stood up. I left the room and went out of the building.

So, what happened? Kait asked when I went to the coffee shop after my meeting in Drixon Corporation.

None. I said timidly. I took my cigarette and lit it up. He faced me and pulled my cigarette in my hands.

Hey! I tried to get back my cigarette, but he dropped and crashed it.

Seriously, Tristan. This is not the right place to smoke. He said, and I looked around. He is right. Ugh… What is happening to me.

Okay, Fine. Hazel didn't show up from our meeting. I said and saw Kait reactions. I know what it feels.

But how? He asked curiously and sigh. I see his eyes waiting for my answer. So, I took a deep breath and continue the story.

According to her, Hazel is in her business trip. And you can't believe it. The one who done meeting to us is one of her director. Elijah Sanchez. I explained to him and he nodded. I saw a smile draw in his face, smart *ss. Pff.

So… A woman. And you are destructed? You know why we are doing this, Tristan. He said, and I nodded as a response. He doesn't need to repeat it every single d*mn time!

I know why we're here, Kait. But there is something to her. I said and sip my wine. I see him smirk, that's why I spoke again.

It's not what you think, Kait. Besides, I loved Heather more than anything in this world, so stop what you're thinking. I said to him and continue eating my food.

Chill man. I know. I'm just wondering why it seems that you are interested in that woman. He responded and took a bit of his food.

I can't explain either, Kait. All I think is, I feel like I know her. Like I already saw her before. It's just that I don't quiet understand why I feel like that. I said and sip again my wine. That's why I wanted to investigate her, too. I need answers to my question.

Elijah' P.O.V.

After my meeting to him. I go straight to my office.

Ma'am, Eli. I'm so sorry. I tried to, but – I nodded my head as a response to my secretary. Furthermore, I know exactly what she mean.

What are you doing here again? I make myself clear, but here you are. I said to him, but instead of leaving, he moved closer to me.