Chapter 28

HI HI! I hope you're having a great day!

AND AYYYYYY WE'RE IN THE LAST STRETCH OF THIS BOOK I'M QUITE EXCITED ACTUALLY YE :D

ALSO 3K VIEWS! OMG YOU LOT HAVE GOTTEN ME SO FAR, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU/p, YOU'RE ALL AMAZING, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST! <3

Ok, I'm working on this at 8:17 and I have until 10 so it's very rushed- I write slow ik-

"I'm doing exactly what I said! I'm just here to talk to you!" Velvet said, raising his hands up instinctively. Ant flicked the lights on, it was only then when Velvet realized how close they actually were. Their faces were only inches away, taking Velvet all his willpower to hide his blush.

"Really?" Ant raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Last time we talked, it seemed like you hated me, and my feelings are reciprocated." He pressed the blade in harder, Velvet hissing out in pain quietly.

"What do you think the sword's doing huh? I know you wouldn't kill me Ant, who are we kidding right now?" Velvet boldly said, his voice a bit strained from the sword digging into his throat. Reluctantly, Ant lowered the sword, throwing it on the floor.

"Fine. Wanna talk? Let's talk." Ant said. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"I just want to say I'm sorry." Velvet noted the way Ant hitched. "I'm sorry for being so mean and yelling at you yesterday, it was all untrue. I still love you, even if I don't have a good reason."

"Hm. That's it?" Ant said, regarding him with cold eyes.

"Well, I was expecting a bigger reaction than that." Velvet rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Don't have good reason?" Ant echoed instead. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... you're not exactly the best person but-" Velvet started.

"There's nothing wrong with me." Ant said, avoiding eye contact.

"There's something wrong with everyone." Velvet said, smiling sympathetically. "No one's perfect. But as for you... as a start, you have no sympathy."

"Sympathy." Ant scoffed. "What a useless trait."

Velvet clenched his fist, trying to stop himself from snapping at him.

Remember Velvet. Snapping wouldn't do anything, you have to figure out how to save Ant, yelling at him wouldn't do anything. Calm down.

Velvet took a deep breath before talking.

"It's a great trait, one you used to have too." Velvet said, trying his best to not lose his temper.

"I was an idiot before though. Now, I'm amazing. The egg showed me things I didn't know, it changed my perspective on everything." Ant said simply.

Like I didn't hear that so many times. Velvet thought bitterly.

"You weren't an idiot before, you were great before, I love that version of you."

"Like I didn't hear that before." Ant snorted. Velvet glared at him.

"I'm sorry I can't come up with original lines, maybe my mind is too occupied with trying to save your scumbag of a butt out of this evil egg cult." Velvet said aloud. Ant looked stunned for a moment before glaring at him.

"You don't get to speak about the egg like that-" Ant hissed.

"AGAIN! ABOUT THE EGG! Is that the ONLY thing you care about now?!?" Velvet yelled without him thinking.

What am I doing? This is most counter productive.

I don't care anymore. I need to say it.

"Velvet, you don't know what you're talking about. The egg is amazing."

"Oh SHUT UP ABOUT IT! WHY SHOULD I CARE?" Velvet snapped.

"BECAUSE THE EGG CAN GIVE YOU YOUR DEEPEST DESIRES VELVET!" Ant yelled. "DON'T YOU SEE? MY LIFE WAS A MESS AND IN SHAMBLES BEFORE THE EGG CAME IN! DO YOU REALIZE WHY IT WAS IN SHAMBLES? DO YOU REALIZE WHY?"

"IT'S GOING TO BE SOMETHING STUPID ISN'T IT, IT'S GOING TO BE-" Velvet spat.

"IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOU!" Ant screamed, shutting Velvet up. "I REMEMBER NOW, YOU LEFT ME! YOU LEFT ME ALONE! YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE I HAD AND YOU LEFT ME BY MYESLF TO SUFFER ALONE, WHY VELVET? DID YOU NOT CARE ABOUT ME?"

Velvet's eyes were blown wide, shocked.

"You remember...?" Velvet said slowly.

"Unfortunately." Ant growled. "I'm grateful the egg tried it's best to make sure I didn't remember the PERSON WHO RUINED MY LIFE!"

Velvet boiled with anger. "YOU DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ANT! I DIDN'T LEAVE YOU, YOU LEFT ME!"

"AND YOU DIDN'T TRY TO EVEN CONTACT ME!" Ant said. "NO LETTERS, NO CALLS, NO MESSAGES, NOTHING!"

"DO YOU SERIOUSLY NOT REMEMBER THE CONDITIONS WE WERE LIVING IN AT THE TIME?" Velvet exploded. "BOTH YOU AND I WERE SUFFERING IN OUR HOUSE HOLDS, WE HAD NO WAY TO TALK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

The egg is antagonizing you, simple as that, since it realized it can't stop Ant from remembering you, it's manipulating it so you seem like a horrible person. Just add memories and facts where it can't make sense.

Or you could go the simple way, join the egg and you'll be with Ant instead.

Velvet shook  his head violently. Get out of my head! He screamed at himself.

"You left me behind." Velvet looked up to see Ant, with dark angry eyes.

"I just told you, I didn't." Velvet growled.

"I WAS LEFT ALONE." Ant screamed.

"SO WAS I! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO SUFFERED FROM YOU MOVING! IN TRUTH, YOU LEFT ME! YOU LEFT ME ALONE TO SUFFER YOU PRICK!" Velvet felt tears blurring his vision.

"...why did you even come here." Velvet was unsure whether Ant meant to the SMP or to the mansion.

"I don't know anymore." Velvet gritted his teeth, filler with rage and sadness. "I regret it, I should've left you out of my life."

"Yes you should've. I never wanted to see you again." Ant hissed.

"You know the worst part? I wanted you back." Velvet started. "I, loved you. I, WAITED for you. EVERYDAY, I WISHED that we could SEE EACH OTHER ONCE MORE. But now? But now I see ANTFROST! YOU HATE ME! AND YOU'RE ALSO THE WORST PERSON I COULD EVER MEET, AND I HATE THE STRAIN IN MY HEART AS I YELL THIS, I STILL LOVE YOU CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I STILL LOVE YOU! HAH! YOU'RE NOT WORTH IT THOUGH! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! I NEVER WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU AND I HOPE YOU WITHER AWAY WITH YOUR EGG HAPPILY!"

Velvet took off his headphones, gently rubbing his finger over the edges, along with his iPod with Ant's favourite songs.

Goodbye Ant.

I'll miss you, unfortunately.

And with one final action, he placed the headphones roughly on Antfrost's head.

Ayup.

How we feeling?

Dw guys, there'll be more chapters, this wasn't the end ;)

This was my attempt at angst, so I hope you like it.

Also, omg, I went from angst, to fluff, to angst, to fluff, some neutral stuff, to deep angst, to fluff, to more fluff, and even more fluff, then a lot of angst, angst angst angst, one chapter of fluff and we're back to angst :D

As for the next chapters, I promise nothing ;)

Ok, I kind of like this chapter even if it meant trash and it was short, hope you enjoyed it as much as I liked reading it, I'm so excited for the last 2 chapters after this one, and the epilogue ofc :)

Thanks for getting me to 3k reads again, that is just unreal and thank you so much ^^ Y'all are amazing, you deserve all the good things coming to you <3

Take care and have a great rest of your day/night guys! I love you all so much/p! XOXOXOXO