Ch.4 Ep.3 The Base Violence Necessary For Change

(This is a short chapter btw)

Y/n's POV:

     "Vander?" Me and Vi question. Vander sighs. "We don't have much time." He says as he walks closer to us. "How did you find me?" Vi asks. "I'm proud of you both. Always have been." He says grabbing my and Vi's heads softly. "I'm sorry, I... this is the only way to protect the others." Vi responds.

"Vander." Benzo yells quickly. Vander looks at the both of us, "you've got good hearts. Don't ever lose them. No matter how the world tries to break you. Protect the family." Vander says. "What are you—" I was cut off by Vander pushing me and Vi into a closed off room, he shuts the door and locks it.

"No!" Vi shouts. "Vander let us out!" I yell panicking. "This isn't right!" Vi screams banging on the door.

I hear some woman say something in the distance. There's walking a bit. "You gonna let us make the arrest or not?" A man says. "You'll oblige a doomed man one last smoke. Won't you?" I hear Vander respond to him, I start to tear up. There's whispering which I can't hear fully but then, "Benzo will handle things." Vander says. "He may not have my devilish charm, but he runs a tight ship." He finishes.

"Vander, no. You can't do this!" Vi yells pounding on the door even more. A few tears spill out of my eyes. At this point I could only hear Vi and her pounding on the door.

"Benzo, open the damn door!" Vi yells once again but quickly gives up. I see shadows outside of a small tinted green window. "Vi... look." I say whipping my tears. There was screaming, "What's happening?" Vi questions out of breath.

We both go over to the window and try to see what was happening outside. We hear an enforcer yell "Hey stop right there!", then the once green stained glass was now red. I scream but cover my mouth, I then start crying trying to drown everything out I cover my ears and slide down the wall. I could still hear screaming from outside, then Vi started screaming too which made me cry more.

-

Eventually Vi stopped screaming and sat down next to me, we were hugging each other tightly, crying. Suddenly the door creaks open, I look up and see Ekko. Me and Vi stand up, she walks over to him and hugs him, I join the hug to, still crying.

"I saw everything. Be... Benzo. They..." The poor kid couldn't even finish his sentence, he was crying so much. "What about Vander?" Vi asks him. "They took him." He manages to get out. "Where?" I say.

-

Vi and me walk into our room at The Last Drop, there's muffled arguing about dibs for something. "Vi, Y/n?" Claggor questions. "Where's the—" Vi was cut off by Powder hugging her. "Oh you two are back!" She says happily. Vi goes over to weapons that are lined up and almost grabs Vanders steel gauntlets when Mylo grabs her arm.

"Hey. Those are Vander's. Slow down. What's going on?" He asks. I go to hug Powder. "Benzo's dead." Vi says as her breathing starts to quicken. "Dead?" Claggor says confusedly. "They... they took Vander." I say with a shakey breath. "Who took Vander?" Mylo says concerned. "I don't know. But I need to help him." Vi says looking down.

"We're going with you." Mylo responds. "Whatever killed Benzo... was like nothing we've ever seen. It tore him apart." Vi clenched her fists and started sobbing, I cried a little as well. "You're not doing this alone, Vi." Claggor says. "He's our father too." Mylo finishes for Claggor.

Powder let's go of me and goes off to her bed. "Do you know where they took him?" Mylo asks. "Ekko followed them." I say as Vi grabs Vanders gauntlets and more, packing them into a bag. "The old cannery next to the docks. He said..." Vi pauses as she sees Powder holding a suitcase full of stuff. Vi sighs, "I need you to sit this one out, Powder." She says sadly. "What?" Powder says confused by her older sisters words. Vi walks over to her.

"You're not coming." She states. "I'm not afraid." Powder says. "Powpow... it's too dangerous." I say joining the conversation. "But families stick together. You said it yourself." Powder looks at me and Vi. "I know what I said..." Vi gets cut off. "I want to fight. I can help!" Powder argues.

"You're not ready!" Vi shouts, I glare at Vi slightly but look away. "You're all I have left." 'Ouch' I think. "I can't lose you." Vi says pained as she rubs Powders cheek, Powder rubs her hand off. "Here. If they come for you, take this and run. Where ever you are, light it up, and me and Y/n will come find you. I promise." Vi says as she hands Powder a flare gun that holds blue smoke instead of red, me and Vi made it a while back.

Vi hugs Powder and starts to walk away, I look at Powder and give her a hug as well. "Hey Powpow, we're all going to be okay. I promise we'll all come back to you. I love you stay safe." I say in a comforting way before leaving the room and shutting the door.

-

End of this chapter, what's in store for the next? You won't know until you read it. -Dice