Chapter Six

Please READ THIS

Ok, first of all, thank you all for reading this story, I appreciate all your votes and feedbacks. couple of people complained that the chapters seem confusing so I decided to make the Vampire POV distinguished by mentioning his name. hope it has helped. if it is still confusing let me know. Also the picture you are seeing, is hou I envision Vlad, the actor is not known because he is Iranian, but let me know what you think(I am not listing him just yet, please let me know if he is suitable)

enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leyla was sat by her vanity, staring at her own image for a while now. She was deep in her thoughts, the events of that day and what was expecting then as the evening proceeded, made her extremely nervous. Her day started with her newly discovered sentiment when she opened her eyes, something that she had been experiencing for a few days now. It was a confusion that stayed with her for a short time while she remembered her delicious dream from last night. Then at the breakfast table, she was given Henry's letter. Never before had she received a letter from a gentleman, thus under curious and watchful eyes of her mother and sister, she opened the envelope carefully, all the while trying to calm her fast beating heart.

His hand writing was neat and yet strong. Henry had started by addressing her "Dear Miss Wilmer" and continued by wishing a merry Christmas to Leyla and her noble family and expressing his gratification from her companionship in Alwin's Party. Leyla felt uneasy as she reached this point in the letter. She slowly brought up her eyes and froze by her mother's questioning gaze. She had not told the Duchess about Henry, and frankly she never thought there was anything to say, but it seemed like things were turning more serious than she initially had anticipated.

She returned her eyes to the paper. Henry had mentioned the church as well, indicating his intention to enjoy her company even more when she abruptly disappeared. A wave of hotness was released inside Leyla's body as she remembered the graveyard and the mysterious man who had caused her to forget about Henry twice so far. The letter came to end with Henry's wish to see her very soon, something that engaged Leyla's mind, was that what he really wanted, or some pleasantries that gentleman would put at the end of their letters?

It did not take long however, for Duchess to demand to know the identity of writer, hence Leyla explained briefly about Henry and they encounter at the party. The duchess listened with a surprising interest and then said:

"Why do not you invite General for dinner tonight? I would certainly like to get to know him before our party, which I assume you have invited him to?"

Leyla shook her head and without looking at her mother's eyes, answered:

"No, unfortunately I did not. I was not aware that.."

The Duchess got up from her seat and cut her impatiently.

"Write to him, then. Ask him to join us for this evening, the Duke is feeling better today and I shall make sure he is attending the dinner. It is great that you are rightfully catching some attentions my dear, I know that your sister seems like a social butterfly because of her distinguished beauty, but that does not mean you are not just as eligible to have suitable men to choose from."

Leyla reddened from her mother's remark. She was well aware that her sister was more attractive than her, but never before her own mother had expressed this point . She felt anger rising up from her inside and looked at Annie, but she seemed oblivious about all the conversation. She had seemed strangely quiet this morning, sitting on her seat in her dress and scarf which seemed slightly out of place for a breakfast at home and playing with her food. Still, Leyla could not take the atmosphere of the room, so she left to return to her room to do what her mother had asked.