No longer yours

Brittany's POV:

I'm sat cross legged In my bed, scrolling through my Instagram. It's around 12:26 right now and I've got nothing to do. Ben's out for work and all my other friends are all booked up for the day. Leaving me to just sit on my bed in a completely silent apartment.

As I scroll down further I see a new post, posted about an hour ago, I see a picture of Trevor and Jordan, my heart seems to ache slightly but I don't think much of it. I swipe and watch the video, Suddenly it hits me.

There engaged...

I immediately feel my heart stop and shatter, all the pieces getting lost below, there getting married...

My grasp on my phone loosens causing it to fall onto the mattress. I start to then feel tears dwell in my eyes but that just causes me to question myself.

Why is this hitting me so hard? I knew they have been dating and I've known for some time, and it's been what? 2-3 years since I last actually spoke to either of them in person. I don't understand why I'm suddenly hurt, and it can't be because I miss Trevor... can it?

No it can't be, I'm with Ben, I'm happy with Ben and he's happy with her. It just took my by surprise that's all. I cant jump to conclusions. And what is there to crave back from mine and Trevor's relationship anyway? Nothing...

Nope... nothing... nothing at all...

*flashback*

I run off in tears, I've just finished filming the scene where Riley finds James cheating on her, and everything went smoothly. That is, until I started to get in a massive fluster over it. I saw them kiss, and cried just like Riley would of... but deep down I felt apart of me actually crack. I didn't know why so I ran off in here. To hide away in my changing room.

I slide across the curtain and sit down, kicking away my outfits which cover the floor, as soon as my head hit my hands my tears fall, there's no end in sight.  I just need to hide away and let out my silent cries before I join the group.

The tears continued to fall until I hear someone knock on the side of my changing room. I wiped away the stray tears and sat there. Trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Britt? Are you in there?" I hear a calm, soft voice ask. I recognise the voice immediately.

"Ya..." I whisper.

He pulls back the curtain and looks down at me, my eyes sting, my clothes are damp and my cheeks are most likely stained. His face shows nothing but sympathy as he sits down beside me. Then he seems to click onto why I'm in such a state.

"Aw baby" he tries his hardest to stop himself from chuckling. I glare at him.

"Think you took that last scene a bit to seriously baby girl" he finally laughs softly. I nudge his side but then cuddle up to him. My head lay on his chest as his arms wrap around me.

"Is someone jealous?"

"Shut up" I mumble, shifting closer to him. He laughs and runs his fingers through my hair.

"Alright, alright, I'm just saying.." he finally stops laughing and continues. "You know how the story line goes, Riley and James find there way back together" he reminds me.

"Ya I know..."

"So why are you so upset?" He raises an eyebrow at me. I look up at him, unsure of what to say. I mean, there's so many things I want to say, I just don't know how... he waits patiently for my answer but I have absolutely nothing...

Without much of a delay I feel myself leaning in... oh god... I tell myself to stop but I don't seem to, but then... he starts to lean in to...

And within seconds are lips are connected...

Every original thought had banished, as he pulled me onto his lap, as he slide his hands down my body, as he slipped his tongue into my mouth, as he made me moan softly against his lips, I couldn't think of anything else other than him...

*end of flashback*

I don't know when I started crying but I find myself crying rivers into my hands as I curl up on the bed. How could I ever deny my feelings for him? Ever since that day we met at the auditions I've felt butterflies flutter around my stomach. But there not there anymore, no, now there's small blades slicing my heart violently.

I miss him... I fucking miss him... I miss his hugs, his smile, his scent, his taste, his voice, his everything... why the hell did I have to just learn this now!

All those times were we would sneak off into the changing rooms after  kissing on set, all those times he'd say he loves me more than anything in the world, all the times he'd messages m goodnight and good morning, all the late night laughs, romantic evening dinners and early morning pep talks. They've all be flushed down a drain.

Now he's with her... he's probably telling her the same things, laughing with her late at night in bed, kissing her passionately when she's down, taking her out on fancy restaurant dates... he's most likely forgets all about me when he tells her she's the only one he'll ever truly love...

I just need to accept that... I need to accept I'm no longer his and he's no longer mine... are relationship is some vague image locked away in the past.

Where I suppose it needs to stay...