nine. friends, and family

009.

FRIENDS AND
FAMILY

: ̗̀➛

Alena's head pounded as she stared out the bleak window, onto the dark streets.

If it hadn't been for Edward god knows what would have happened, she immediately dispelled the idea from her mind.

Edward kept glancing apprehensive in her direction, sorrow coming along with it.

"Alena are you ok, how is your head?" his tone was openly filled with worry.

"I'm fine, my head is just so sore and I just can't seem to understand".

"Carlisle will be able to help you with that, and what do you not understand Alena?"

"I just- well how... how did you even know where I was, you had no idea I would be here tonight" the words still struggled their way out.

He was caught of guard slightly by her question.

"Well... I was in the area and I just had a feeling something was off. So I walked and that's when I came across you".

Alena could tell something was not right here, this definitely was not the whole truth.

"I thought we were done with being evasive Edward, why don't you tell me the truth".

"I am Alena, there is nothing more to tell you it was simply good luck that I happened to be there tonight".

Unable to keep arguing with him she rested her back against the window.

"You are awfully calm considering what just happened, are you sure nothing else is wrong".

Of course she was not fine it was like Phoenix all over again, thankfully though this time someone saved her before it was too late.

This was her only way to deal with it, to just try and act as though nothing had happened. Otherwise she would fall into a never ending spiral of hatred.

"No I am okay I promise you, maybe a bit shaken it was all just so unexpected, he came out of nowhere".

Something flashed across Edward's face, she couldn't quite detect wether it was saddness, or anger or maybe something he knew that she had failed to realise.

At that moment his pale hand extended over and took hers in his. He hesitated before slightly, as if evaluating his own actions.

But he did. His hand was cold, too cold. Too cold to be normal, but she held it back and in that moment something was shared between the two of them. Understanding.

They sat there in silence like that as the world drifted past from their reach.

They did not need to converse a word, they knew they simply just knew a tether had been connected between the two of them.

Tying them to one another, anchoring each soul together so intensely it will remain there forever more.