one. welcome home.

001.

WELCOME
HOME

: ̗̀➛

Alena waved to Phill who was sat in the car waiting to leave.

"Mom I'm fine I have everything, you and Phill have a plane to catch."

They were stood outside the airport entrance Renee on the verge of tears.

"Are you sure hunny, thank you say hello to Charlie and send my love to Bella." she said fighting the tears.

"Of course Mom I love you have a great time."

She smiled a reassuring smile and shouted to Phill hoping he could hear her over the cacophony of noise around them.

"Good luck with the baseball Phill." he gave a big smile back.

"Go catch your flight Mom don't miss it because of me." Alena really didn't want this to happen Phill and her Mom deserved to do something the wanted to do.

"Ok hunny I love you call me when you land." and with that Phill and Renee drove off.

This was the start of Alena's new beginning.

The timing was perfect Phill wanted to travel and see how far he could get with his baseball career, and then everything in Arizona happened and Alena could never feel the same there, so here she was stepping onto a plane to Port Angeles,

She stepped off the plane and was immediately greeted with rain, she forgot how much it rained here.

Before she left Renee and her had pulled their resources and stocked her wardrobe with 'suitable' clothing for the rainiest place in North America.

Alena didn't remember the sky being so dark either, what happened to the sun and never ending blue sky?

She had only landed in Port Angeles so that meant a long drive to Forks with Charlie, that shouldn't be awkward at all.

Alena immediately saw Charlie and he saw her too he looked the same, a slighter greyer tint to his hair and a tired expression but he greeted her with a very warm smile.

"Hey kiddo, how are you was the flight alright?" He said as he engulfed her in a huge hug.

Alena hugged him back and it felt nice to be back she truly had missed her Dad and Bella.

"Good thanks Char- Dad tired but it was fine thank you."

After there long hug ended he packed her bags into the boot and they climbed in.

The cruiser that was one other thing she forgot about, Charlie was the chief of police in forks so people would tend to slow down if they saw the cruiser trailing them.

But not only that being the chief of police also meant everyone knew what was going on with each other.

"Your hair has grown since I saw you last." Charlie said trying to broach conversation.

"Yeah I guess, it tends to do that." Alena replied teasingly.

"How's Bella been, I heard she had a breakup?"

This was one topic Alena was not sure wether to mention too much she hadn't really discussed it with anyone, and Renee didn't say much about it only vaguely after phone calls with Charlie.

"She's a lot better now, she was head over heels for that boy, it was awful terrified the life out of me, she suddenly disappeared for a few days saying she needed to help him or something came back and nothing was the same, I guess she realised she needed a bit of familiarity like Jacob Black, you remember him don't you? I guess some one she knew. I never truly knew the details of what happened but Jacob's been super to her."

Ah of course Jacob, Alena hasn't seen him in years but still held fond memories of their childhood together.

"I'm glad to hear she's doing better, of course I remember Jacob that's lovely of him to stick by Bella."

"Who broke up with Bella anyway, anyone I know?"

"I'm not sure you would Lena they moved to Forks around 3 years ago, the Cullens had always been a strange family and when that Cullen boy did that to Bella I could of-".

The Cullens didn't ring a bell, she must have not been there since they moved to Forks.

With a relieved sigh Alena looked out the window and thought about Bella and Jacob.

Charlie and Alena ended up sitting in silence the rest of the drive home thankfully it was a comfortable one.

As they drove into Forks down the familiar roads Alena realised she had missed it here.

The smell of pine trees filling the air, the way the trees covered every free piece of land and the rain.

It was comforting, she was actually glad to be back.

They pulled up to the home she had spent her childhood in and she admired every part of it.

It was a quaint old thing, the faded blue colour remained just as she remembered it a small smile appeared on her face.

Just then Bella came bounding down the path Jacob Black on her tail.

"Alena, how are you its great you've come home I've missed you."

Bella like their father engulfed Alena into a huge hug burying her face into Alena's blonde hair.

"I've missed you too Bella, it's really nice to be back."

Once they both stepped out of the hug Jacob pulled Alena into a massive bear hug towering over her small stature.

"God Jake your huge, what are they feeding you down there."

She really did mean it he was huge, his silky black hair hung around his shoulders framing his now well defined jaw.

Certainly not the Jacob she remembered from her childhood.

Jacob let out a hearty laugh "Oh you know just a growth spurt, how've you been Alena it's so great to have you back I haven't seen you in forever."

"I know it's been a while, definitely a lot of catching up to do I will come visit La Push soon and we can go for a walk like the good old days."

Jacob seemed extremely happy at this comment a smile spread across his pearly teeth, Bella had slightly drawn back a bit after his overly friendliness towards her sister, making Alena self conscious.

By the time all the welcomes had been said Charlie had brought Alena's bags upstairs to her old bedroom, nothing had changed just a desk put in the corner and a new double bed, apart from that it was identical.

"Thank you Dad it's perfect."

Charlie seemed happy at this and walked out leaving Alena to settle in.

Alena had already started to feel herself begin to repair.

a.n: I do not own twilight or any of the original characters or plots.