Chapter Eleven

*Kendall’s P.O.V*

“Harry, Louis wake up, wake up!” I cried, shaking the boys out of their sleep.

“What is it?” Harry asked groggily.

“Is it Niall?” Louis said, sitting up quickly.

“There’s a helicopter,” I told them hurriedly.

We looked up into the dim morning light to see a rescue helicopter flying low in the sky, quite possibly looking for the boys. Louis and Harry scrambled to their feet and Harry ran down the shore a little, jumping and screaming at the top of his lungs.

“Hello!” I cried, waving my hands at the helicopter in desperation.

A bright light suddenly slammed onto the sand and ran from Harry back to me by the fire before a loud crackle and a squeal sounded from the helicopter. It slowly began lowering, heading for an empty space to land and my heart felt like it was about to burst out of my chest. It created a huge gust of wind as it slowly touched down on the sand, but Louis, Harry and I pushed through it, running towards the large helicopter as fast as our tired legs could carry us.

“Help! Please!” Louis cried, grabbing the first person to step out onto the sand and dragging them back towards where Niall was.

“You have no idea how glad we are to see you,” Harry huffed to the pilot.

“Likewise! How did you manage to find this place, it’s in the middle of nowhere! Are any of you hurt?” the pilot asked quickly.

“We just washed up here, and we’re all fine apart from Niall, he’s really hurt and he has a fever and he’s been sleeping almost the entire time we’ve been here,” Harry told him, looking over his shoulder.

I looked back and saw Louis and the man he’d grabbed running back towards us.

“Jack, get a stretcher and call London Bridge now!” the man yelled when he got a little closer.

A second man jumped out of the helicopter with a large orange stretcher and ran towards Louis and the other guy. I realized they were both paramedics at the same moment I realized London Bridge was a hospital.

“What day is it?” I asked the pilot as he grabbed a hand held radio from beside him.

“Thursday, you’ve been missing for six days,” he said.

Harry and I looked at each other with wide, panicked eyes. We’d been gone for that long? Niall had been hurt for six days without proper treatment, no wonder he was in such a bad state. I felt tears prickling at the back of my eyes as the paramedics hurried back as gently as they could, carrying a sleeping Niall on the stretcher. Louis was walking with them, holding Niall’s good hand.

“We need to go, now,” one of the paramedics said as Niall was lifted into the helicopter.

Harry, Louis and I climbed in after them. It was a tight fit, but I didn’t care that there was something jabbing into my back and right side, because all I cared about was getting home, and getting Niall help.

“I need- he’s going into shock,” one of the paramedics commented with a slightly flustered voice as Niall’s body began shaking violently on the stretcher.

I covered my mouth with my hand to stop from screaming out and my vision blurred as tears dripped down my cheeks. Louis pulled me into his arms so I didn’t have to see what was going to happen next.

*Liam’s P.O.V*

Zayn and I ran through the parking lot and through the sliding doors into the hospital. It was eerily quiet and empty apart from a few nurses wandering the sterile halls. I hurried towards the reception desk and dinged the bell frantically.