Chapter Two

I walked onto the boat and my mouth fell open with a pop so loud I swear everyone on board turned and looked at me. It was huge though, I knew it was going to be big but I hadn't realized just how big. The cruise boat was at least three stories high and the length of a football field. Beneath my feet was white washed floorboards that fanned out and grew carpet near the check in desk and entrance to the downstairs restaurant. 

"This place is insane," I said under my breath, turning my head to see the whole thing.

That was when I saw him, the buy with the blonde hair and the rich blue eyes that had bumped me with his shoulder on his way to the boat. He looked absolutely gorgeous in his dark skinny jeans and The Who t-shirt. He threw his head back and laughed at something his seemingly gay friends said, and his laugh send tingles down my spine. 

"Kendall," mum snapped, pulling my attention back to her.

"Sorry what?"

"I said, let's go check in and get our stuff to our rooms so we can have a proper look around," mum told me with arched eyebrows.

I nodded and followed them towards the large queue at the check in desk, looking back every now and again to catch a glimpse of the beautiful blonde. He looked kind of familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on where I'd seen him before. His hand-holding friends held the same vibe of familiarity but I wasn't sure why. I watched as they ducked their heads and hurried past the check in desk and straight through to the elevator.

"Why can't we line cut like them?" Hunter whined, noticing the three guys.

"Because we have to get our room keys honey," mum told him, ruffling his messy hair.

"That's not fair," Hunter complained, crossing his arms stubbornly.

"Ten minutes of queuing, then you get a whole week of doing what you please. Don't be a spoil sport, or you'll be stuck in your room the whole trip," dad grumbled, and Hunter's eyes narrowed.

The line inched forward slightly, and a little over fifteen minutes later, we had our room keys and were piled into the elevator. Hunter was still wearing a sour expression which I so badly wanted to smack off his face, and mum and dad were buzzing with excitement which made me cringe.

"This is so exciting," mum grinned as the elevator doors slid open smoothly, revealing a long corridor dotted with creamy white doors adorned with brass knockers.

I could tell already that Hunter was going to have a lot of fun at a stupid time of the morning running down the hall and irritating everyone into a half-awake state by banging the knockers. I'd have to make sure to lock the door and hide the key before going to sleep.

"Kids, you're in room 241," dad said, holding out the small silver key with a huge number tag on it.

I took the key from him and Hunter pushed his way down the hall to wait impatiently outside the door to our room. The key slipped into the lock and I pushed the door open to reveal a small cabin-like room with two single beds that looked painfully uncomfortable. There was a small room off to the side of the beds which I assumed was the bathroom.

"I can't believe I have to share this room with you," Hunter rolled his eyes, dropping his backpack onto the bed he'd decided to claim and setting down his suitcase.

"Yeah well it's no picnic for me either bro," I grumbled, setting my stuff on the bed closest to the door which I'd left open.

"Might pay to shut this," mum said, popping her head around the door.

"Mum! I was getting there," I moaned.

"Your father and I are going up to the sky deck and we'll make our way back down here. If we don't see you, make sure you're back here and dressed for dinner at seven okay," mum told us firmly.