Shit Show

**Author's Note** SMUT! Finally! I know you've been waiting for this. Also...this one really had a mind of it's own. It is a LONG one. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

(Y/N) hadn't even contemplated whether or not to have dinner with him. She knew the minute he left she'd be going to his ranch the next day with her little girl to have dinner, but she tried to play it cool and decided to wait until her lunch break at the diner to text him and tell him she'd be there. She thought that wouldn't seem too eager. So on her break, she'd sent him the simple text saying she'd love to have dinner with him and asking for directions and what time to be there. She never heard a response, and at the end of her shift, she sighed and rolled her eyes, trying to hide the disappointment she felt. Maybe she was wrong and he was like all the other men. Interested until he realized that no matter what her and her little girl were a packaged deal. She took off her apron and hung it up on the rack before clocking out, just as the bell above the door jingled, signaling that someone was there. She turns and gives a surprised smile as she sees John Dutton standing there at the door with his big brown cowboy hat shading his eyes but a soft smile on his face. She hugs Ruby and heads to the door just before Ruby calls out, stopping her. "Take tomorrow off, (Y/N). You've worked 3 weeks without a break. You deserve it." Ruby winks and waves before going back to wiping down the bar top. (Y/N) blushes and walks over to John, giving him a soft kiss on his cheek. "What are you doing here, handsome? Thought I was coming to your ranch?" She asks as she lets him lead her out of the diner and out into the parking lot. "My ranch can be a little tricky driving to and from at night. Never know when you'll run into an elk or Buffalo on the road. Didn't want to risk you and the little darlin' meetin' one in that little car of yours. Figured I'd pick you both up and then drive you home later." He scratches his neck and opens his truck door, waiting for her reaction. (Y/N) raises an eyebrow and laughs, shaking her head as she tosses her purse into his truck then climbs in. She watches him shut the door then go around to his side. "You know, you could have text me back and told me that. I was thinking you'd just lost interest or...thought that (y/d/n) was more baggage than you could handle." She says softly, honestly. 

John reaches over and squeezes her hand. "Don't call her that. That precious little one isn't baggage, darlin'. I'm sorry I made you think I wasn't interested. Quite the opposite." He gives her a soft smile and leans over, pressing a soft, brief kiss to her lips before turning and leaning into the back seat. He comes back forward and sits down, holding two bouquets of roses. One was a large bouquet with dark red roses and beautiful white orchids, the other was a much smaller bouquet with bright rainbow colored daisies and mums. He hands (Y/N) the larger one and grins. "For you, darlin'. Sorry, but the really cool ones are for the little darlin'." He teases and laughs as she pouts. (Y/N) pretends to pout and sighs. "Damn. I really liked those." She laughs and leans over, placing a soft, slow kiss on his laps, letting the kiss linger a few minutes before pulling back. "Thank you, John. They're beautiful. And (y/d/n) is going to love hers." She sat back in her seat and buckled up. "You remember how to get to my house? My neighbor Lu is watching (y/d/n) for me." She smells the flowers as he nods and drives toward her house. She didn't know what to think of this man. He was almost too good to be true. There had to be something to him. She'd never met a man that not only was truly alright with her daughter hanging around, but also actively included her in things such as dinner and even bringing her flowers too. She unbuckles as he pulls up to her house and smiles over at him. "I'll go get (y/d/n) and then put these in some water. Is it alright if I change really quick? I smell like the diner." She laughs softly and pats his thigh before climbing out of the truck. "John gets out and grabs her wrist softly, pulling her back to him before she can get too far from the truck. "I think you smell just fine." He says softly, a smoldering look of desire in his blue eyes as he leans down and kisses her softly. He pulls back and brushes her hair from her face and nods toward her neighbor's porch where an older woman and the little girl were standing, laughing and giggling at seeing him kiss (y/n). He lets her go and pats her bottom softly. "Go change and get cleaned up if you want to. I'll go get the little one." He smiles and grabs the flowers out of the truck, watching for a minute as (y/n) walks away. (Y/N) heads into her house, smiling as she carries the beautiful flowers to the kitchen and puts them in a vase before heading upstairs to shower and change, even putting on just a touch of make up. She knew it was just dinner but something about the man made her feel like a young woman again, giddy and excited, wanting to look her best.