Who's watching...

~

~

The cool breeze hit my face as I walked down along the markets, the sun was smiling down at the people with it's warmth. I had bags fool of groceries, and other things I had found in both hands making my arms ache from how heavy they were.

I have been searching for ingredients all morning, and now it was a bit past lunch time. I have found what I needed so now I was just walking around looking at the happy houses full of joyful people. I've always loved seeing other people enjoy their lives, watching them act like the world isn't falling apart reminds me of myself in a weird way.

I grew up thinking that what I was doing was good, thinking that I was the good guy and the people we were killing were the bad one's. But now I know that the only bad guy was me for pretending that hurting others was good, well I was told that anyway.

My gaze landed ahead where I saw a small cafe come into view. Small plant pots decorated the short white fences that circled around the platform outside the front door, where a few tables were placed. People refused to sit outside, instead they were all sat inside.

I walked closer to the cafe looking around at the scenery, kids ran around with cloth dolls, footballs and other toys. They all looked so cheery with their ear to ear smile, their moms where all bunched together whispering to one another.

I placed my bags down next to the chair and sat down, gently picking up the menu that was placed in the middle along with wooden cutlery and napkins. Soon a beautiful woman came over to take my order. She was gorgeous; her beautiful curly chocolate hair was tied up in a slightly messy bun, her tanned skin looked magnificent under the sunlight. Her sweet hazel eyes looked in mine with warmth, her soft pink lips curved into a friendliness smile.

"Hello, may I take your order?" She asked in a sweet tone as I returned her genial smile. She brought out a small notebook and a pencil ready to take my order. I looked down at the menu that was in my hands and nodded before I spoke.

"Yes, may I have the (fave dessert) and also the f/d please." I say and looked up at her as she jotted my words on her paper, she looked up and nodded.

"Is that all." She continued making sure she was sure of my order. "Yes, thank you." Was all I said before she walked away inside. I looked down at my bags, I had bought some other personal items as well and amongst those items was a book. I searched for it in my bags, placing it in front of me when I found it. Wuthering heights was written on the cover.

I've seen this book before but I can't remember where. I open it to the first page and began to read peacefully, though I felt like someone was watching me. I looked over my shoulder slightly but no one was there, I've had this feeling all day but every time I look for the culprit no one's there. It could just be my imagination or me being paranoid, my attention shifted to the beautiful woman that was coming towards me with the same warm smile as before. She was holding a metal tray where my drink and dessert were.