Chapter 6: Confession Day

Two weeks have passed and we were hours away from tour. Brendon and I talked to my principle about me leaving for tour and homework. He was totally fine with me bringing all my homework on tour and bringing it back after tour. I am very excited for today. Today at school is confession day. 

 It sounds a little cheesy but thats just how my school is, cheesy and I love it. During confession day, at lunch, they put a microphone up on the stage and people run up and say something they want to confess. 

 Karen says that people usually confess their love for someone or something stupid. But when someone confesses something everyone pays attention. I told my principle that I was going to tell the whole school my secret. Brendon was going to come and pick me up after lunch so we could leave. It will be a perfect way to tell them that I was leaving.

 When I walked into first period, class wasn't going to start for another 3 minutes so I ran and hugged Karen very tightly. I felt a tear run off her cheek and onto my neck. Karen and I had become best friends over the last month and now I was leaving her here. A tear ran down my face and hit her shirt. We pulled away and looked at eachother and laughed. Rina gave us a weird look mixed with a glare.

 "What the hell is wrong with you idiots." She said. I brushed my hair out of my face. My eyes were still tearing up.

 "You're gonna have to wait for lunch to find out." I smiled at Karen and we took our seats.

FAST FORWARD TO LUNCH

 A lot of people had gone up and confessed things. One girl confessed that she loved her boyfriend. Ew, love. My principle waved me over to him. "Lunch is almost over and your dadsgonna be here soon so you better get up there." I walked up and onto the stage. I was already getting looks from a lot of people. I cleared my throat so people would shut up. I took the microphone off the stand.

"Hi everyone, as you may know, my name is Sydney as a lot of you know." Someone cheered my name and I chuckled. "But what you don't know is that I have a secret." Well that sounded cheesy. "A really big one that only one other person knows about." I looked at Karen who was tearing up. "Karen Smith is the only one knows it." Everyone looked at her.

 "Ok so I'm going to start with this, my last name is not Mathews and these are my last minutes at this school for now. My real name is Sydney Urie and I'm leaving with my dad with his band to go on tour." I saw a group of people's mouths drop open. "One month ago I was adopted by Brendon Urie, the singer of my favorite band." Rina's face was getting madder by every second. "Any questions?" Rina's hand shot up.

 "Why are you lying? I mean do you expect us to believe that?" Dear god she's making this whole thing sound like its from a teen movie. All of a sudden the cafeteria door opened and Brendon walked onto the stage. And waved to everyone.

 I smirked at Rina and said "Believed me now?" She turned really red. "My name is Sydney Urie and If you could please excuse me, Theres a tour bus waiting for me outside. But you haven't seen the last of me." I hopped of the stage and hugged Karen who was crying her eyes out. "Stay strong, don't let anyone tell you what to do. I'll call you a lot you little shit." Now I was crying. I got back onto the stage and Brendon draped his arm around my neck.

 As we walked out, I heard people clapping and cheering. When we here about halfway to the bus, we heard the cafeteria doors open. People started walking out. Brendon got in the bus but I stayed for a few more seconds, looking at the school before getting onto the bus.

 "That was awesome!" Brendon said hugging me.

 As I walked, I talked "So when's the first concert." I took a sip of water and grabbed my ukulele. I returned to the sitting area to find them all on their phones.

 "Tonight" Brendon said. Water sprayed out of my mouth.

 "Tonight?! I said. "Tonight as of this night!?" I smiled "Am I playing tonight?"

 "Well he have go introduce you to the fans somehow." He said looking up. "What song are you gonna sing." He looked at my ukulele then sat up in his chair. "You should sing House of gold! You can sing that very well."

 I didn't have to think about it. I play that song 24/7 "Okay, I'll sing it." I said, hugging him. Dallon took a picture of us hugging. "Dallon... No."

 Dallon smiled and replied "Dallon yes." before picking up his bass and sitting back down.

 "Don't post it, we're going to tell everyone about her tonight." Dallon nodded. "Well, we're gonna be there in an hour for the sound check and stuff like that so I'd get dressed." Brendon said looking down at my dress. "That's not going to work."

"Thank god. I hate this thing. Dresses are not my thing." I walked to the bunk area and grabbed some clothes. I grab a while t-shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, and a black leather jacket to top it off. I walked to the bathroom and changed. After that, I sat down with the guys and practiced my ukulele. The guys sat back and listen.