Transparent Lies

This is an unedited version of this chapter so if there are any mistakes just comment. Thanks! Hope you enjoy this chapter that is finally updated! ;)

So here we go!

*******************************

"Here," Claire handed over my book bag quickly and wandered back towards the kitchen counter. She turned around, flipping her hair and scanned my eyes for what seemed like forever. Then she thought a moment before slowly walking back to the door where I still stood gripping my book bag so tightly that my knuckles were white. Finally she placed her hand on my arm for comfort, she opened her mouth in panic after I slowly pulled away from her touch. "Jasmine, are you okay?"

No, I thought.

I cleared my throat hoping that she couldn't notice my uneasiness. "Yeah." I must have confused her with my sudden change in behavior because she took a step back and gave me a strange look. "Why wouldn't I be?" I faked a laugh, and included a small hair flip as I walked past her towards her sofa.

Claire continued to stand in place for a minute or so when she walked towards me once again. Crossing her arms, she sat down next to my book bag that I had set next to me and then adjusted herself so she could face me then she tilted her head ever so slightly. "Why are you lying to me?" I attempted to debate with yet another lie when she interrupted me quickly.

"You're clearly lying. You always twist your hair when you lie." She pointed to my left hand which was engulfed with my hair, my index finger and thumb was in the midst of twirling my hair around when I let go and lay my hands in my lap.

"I do it when I'm bored." I stated, which was technically true.

"You also do it when you're nervous, but I don't think you've ever noticed." Claire fought, leaning closer. "But I'm you're best friend so I've noticed." She smiled and nudged my shoulder, resulting to me being thrown off balance and hitting my head on the armrest of the sofa.

"Ouch!" I grabbed the left side f my head quickly. "Why did you do that?" I growled at her as I glared at her.

I held my head tighter as the dizziness took over my thoughts. Claire jumped up from the sofa hesitantly, running to the kitchen "I am so sorry," she yelled from the kitchen. The sound echoed in my head, and I couldn't take it anymore so I shut my eyes and laid my head on my lap. I could hear Claire shuffling around in the kitchen, probably grabbing ice for my head. A few minutes later I heard her footsteps advance back towards the sofa.

*******************************
{The picture above is of Jasmine. Next chapter I will have a photo of Claire.}