Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Save Me from the Jacobs

"You are an annoying piece of shit," My brother grumbles moodily in my ear as we walk towards the baggage claim. I smirk, slightly happier over the fact that the airplane ride was certainly not a boring one and I got a piss out of many people, including the grumpy pants scolding me in my ear right now.

The amount of times that the flight attendant who bothered me in the beginning of the flight complained about my actions was actually quite comical. It wasn't my fault that my earphones fell out of my laptop during the movie Meet the Parents. And it especially was not planned that they fell out on the part where Ben Stiller is screaming "Bomb" on the plane and blasted for the whole plane to hear.

Let's just say that many people started screaming and when the woman, who I later learned her name was Ruby, found the culprit to be me, she was not a happy flight attendant. But they couldn't do much because again, it wasn't my fault that my earphones decided to fall out at that part. They did it all by themselves.

And it wasn't my fault that my alarm just happened to go off extra loudly with the siren noise selected. I forgot to turn it off! And it wasn't my fault that a bottle of champagne found its way into my seat after they declined me alcohol. The stupid flight attendants left the cart by the bathroom when I got out and I just kind of slipped the champagne into my shirt. The alcohol was left unattended, that was their fault; not mine!

 But after all those "incidents" just to piss off Ruby who got on my bad side in the beginning, left my brother furious and wanting to pound my face in at any moment.

I can't say I'm not enjoying it though. It's amusing just how angry my brother actually is at me.

"You can't say you didn't enjoy it. I saw you laugh once or twice," I point out, wagging my finger at him. I feel Addison's small hand grab onto mine and interlace her fingers with mine. I glance down at her and wink, and I feel my heart squeeze in relief as she flashes me a toothy grin, obviously enjoying what happened on the plane. I can't thank God enough that she forgives me and what I did ten months ago. If she didn't, I don't even know what I would do. Probably go insane, that's what.

I see Jake's mouth twitch as he suppresses a laugh. I can see his eyes soften as he looks at me and I know I won him over. "Okay, okay, some of the things you did were funny, but not all. You're lucky you're not banned from ever being on one of their planes again," He starts to chuckle, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Can we just take a moment to appreciate how red Ruby's face was? It was almost as red as her name," I burst out laughing and I can't help but smile when I hear Jake join in. Addison starts to giggle but places her hand over her mouth to cover the sound.

We reach the baggage claim and see the suitcases starting to come out onto the conveyor belt. I spot my purple suitcase and Addison's pink one come out together. Jake grabs them for us and hauls them over the side to place them next to our knees.

Thank god my bag came out right away. If my bag had gotten lost, serious hands would have been thrown. I would have betted that Ruby had something to do with it, she definitely has it out for me.

"What if your bag doesn't come?" I tease Jake and get the reaction I wanted when he glares at me.

"It will come, and I'm still pissed off at you so don't joke around with me," He warns before turning back to the luggage.

"Oh, get over it already Jake. Nothing happened," I groan with annoyance. There is no need to still be angry about what happened on the plane. It happened like an hour ago- time to move on. He opens his mouth to admonish me probably, but I see his suitcase pass right by his legs. I keep my mouth shut and look up innocently at my loving brother as he rambles on and on about what could have happened.