Violet Eyes Chapter 4

The next morning I made my way back home from the meadow. I still felt guilty that I had upped and left Vortex like that but he deserved someone better to be friends with.

I could tell Molly was ecstatic that maybe just maybe I had someone to talk to my age about this but she could easily see that I wasn’t going to tell.

The truth was that I didn’t deserve him. He was too good. I could feel that in my bones. He was a good man better than anyone I have ever met. I didn’t deserve anyone.

I walked down stairs from my room, hoping that Dad, Sarah and I could have another family episode like a couple of day before.

“Good morning, sweetheart.” Dad chimed, hugging me and kissing my forehead.

I went over to take care of the food. Sarah joined us a few minutes later and I smiled, genuinely. I began scooping eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes onto the plates. I moved my hand around the counter and felt a fourth day. A voice sounded behind us as if it was right on queue.

“Good morning!” A young, feminine voice chirped.

My head snapped up, my jaw clenched and suddenly the plate hurtled to the ground exploding into pieces.

Silence seeped into the room and all eyes were on me.

“Jacquie, please. She’s a good woman and I know mom being gone is really bad but dad, he can’t handle it anymore. Neither can I. He deserves to be happy.” Sarah pleaded with me.

“I know that but I can’t be a part of it.” I said looking down. I could sense this woman. I could sense she was wonderful and kind. I knew she would make then all happy. “I know that dad deserves this but I can’t be a part of it. No offense to you, Miss, really. It’s not you. I just can’t stand and pretend my mom’s not gone and that it wasn’t my fault that she’s gone.” I finished. I felt a presents of a strong male and that when I walked to get my bag and ran out, ignoring the calls behind me.

I kept running until I felt the cool air around me.

Nighttime.

I knew they were looking for me and I could hear them all running to find me.  I sat down not caring if I was found or not. Soon I lay down and curled up. I imagined myself covered in a thin, glassy sheet of ice. Of course, with my power that is exactly what happened.

And what felt like minutes were actually hours. I didn’t realize anyone had found me until I was being picked up and taken somewhere. My own ice box I couldn’t feel the vibes and auras over anyone around me. That’s how I wanted to feel. Numb. Just completely numb, locking away the rest of the world.

Next thing I felt was being put into warm water; it melted the water and slowly thawed me out.  I was dried and laid down in a soft, comfortable bed. Then large, bulky arms wrapped around me, pulling me into a strong chest that melted me to the core.

I moaned as his aura hit me with such a force it could kill. I aura radiated like a thousand moons, a millions suns and all the stars in the sky and beyond.  I nudged me into a slumber. The last thing I remember was seeing a flash of the most glorious face of a human man…